"Do you want to learn about the Project Management Institute of San Francisco? Join the Kforce team on Wednesday, February 3, 2016 from 4:30 to 7:30 to hear from Nathan Mellin, local PMI CEO!"
If you can, please RSVP to [masked]
This should be a great opportunity to get to know the local PMI Chapter and Kforce recruiters!
Our Kforce contact for the event:
We have really lucked out this month. Sunday Shields, one of our meet-up members has agreed to talk about behavioral interview methodology. I think it's a fascinating topic. The talk will focus on:
- Apply interview techniques that capture a candidate's knowledge, skills, behaviors and motivations.
- Assess talent for knowledge and skills that are typically visible on the surface
- Get visibility into how the work will be performed and what motivates the individual to be engaged and enthusiastic about work
- Assess the talent for mind-set by learning about the person's past experiences based on how they behaved in a situation
- Develop a complete picture of the candidate's bottom-line job performance - what they can do and will do - in previous jobs related to the competencies for the target job.
Time permitting, we will also do a LinkedIn profiles review: NOTE: Please print out of your LinkedIN Profile.
"Based on feedback from members, the next meet-up is going to be a hands on workshop. As all of you know, LinkedIn is becoming an important tool for everyone, especially for the Tech Industry. LinkedIn is where all the HR managers and recruiters are now hanging out. It gives you the opportunity to connect with a company or a person within that company directly - like never before. They are also looking for you, so you had better stand out from the crowd. We will review each others LinkedIn profiles and provide constructive feedback.
We will also plan to have a talk by a recruiter. I'll post those details once I've finalized this. "
We've all heard of Agile Methodology. It's no longer a new thing. However, many companies think they use Agile and in reality they are using concepts of agile. The Agile movement proposes alternatives to traditional project management. Agile approaches are typically used in software development to help businesses respond to unpredictability. It would be valuable for all of us to learn more about this methodology. Alan Dyck is a member of this Meet-up and he is a certified scrum master. He has also used Agile Methodology extensively - and I can personally vouch for his passion on this topic. Do join us for a fun evening. We will have Alan's talk, a Q&A session / discussion. If anyone has suggestions on where we can meet, please do share it with me. We are looking for a conference room or any office type setting.
We had a successful meet-up in the city. Now it's time to kick this off in East Bay. Let's meet on 2/17 at Jack's Brewing Company, in Fremont. I look forward to seeing all of you. My mobile number is[masked] (in case you need directions or need to get in touch with me).