The purpose of this Meetup is to increase RollerSoccer player participation and develop RollerSoccer teams in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are looking for players that would like to play recreationally or competitively. We usually travel to one international tournament per year.
RollerSoccer can be played on inline or quad skates. All skate levels are welcome - we can help you become a better skater.
Why play with us:
• We’re a friendly, diverse group
• Everyone gets to play & teammates are very supportive
• Each session consists of water breaks & teams are selected based on number of players
• Focuses on fundamental roller and soccer skills along with teamwork and sportsmanship
• It’s a fun, outdoor activity where you can meet new people and make new friends
• We occasionally eat out after our games
• RollerSoccer is a sport created in the San Francisco, Bay Area and is played globally
• Is an Equal Opportunity sport where male and females can play on the same team
• Rules of the Game similar to traditional soccer with adaptations related to a faster pace, higher scoring and safety considerations
• Goal (3' h x 10' w); size 5 soccer ball, five players per team; no designated goalie, no slide tackling & offsides
• RollerSoccer, a combination of skating and soccer, encourages team play by rewarding skill, quickness and fair play rather than size, strength and rough play
• RollerSoccer provides great cross training for regular soccer, hockey, ice skating and more
• Benefits of playing RollerSoccer are: improves agility and balance by trapping, kicking and dribbling while skating