Sharp Park Pumphouse Appeal Hearing - Finally Confirmed!!!
Please join the Wild Equity Institute at San Francisco City Hall to speak up and demand a full environmental impact report on the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project. We need to pack the chamber with supporters!!!
A full environmental review is needed because: (http://wildequity.org/entries/3323)
• Experts have stated even a mitigated Pumphouse Project will have significant impacts on the California Red-legged Frog (http://wildequity.org/species/22) and San Francisco Garter Snake (http://wildequity.org/species/23) populations at Sharp Park.
• The Pumphouse Project will have significant environmental effects on the water quality and hydrology at Sharp Park.
• There are alternatives to the Pumphouse Project and an EIR is needed to adequately consider these alternatives.
• Sharp Park is suffering from a piecemeal approach to planning.
• The Pumphouse Project conflicts with the Coastal Act.
• The impact on the recovery plan for the California Red-legged Frog is not addressed in the Pumphouse Project.
When the Sharp Park pump is used as planned it drains so much water that federally protected California Red-legged frog egg masses are exposed and left to die. This pumping threatens future generation of frogs! The Sharp Park Pumphouse Project must undergo a thorough environmental review.
If this Negative Declaration is approved the full environmental impact of this project will not be assessed. Please join us at San Francisco City Hall to demand a full environmental review of the Sharp Park Pumphouse Project.
Read more at http://wildequity.org/entries/3323
Planning Commission Agenda (pumphouse project is item 11) http://www.sf-planning.org/index.aspx?page=3730