My name is ed and I will be your host for ed's waterfront run; a friendly, welcoming environment where joggers, speedsters, and everyone in between can meet others who share their love (or hate) for running :)
It's called the Waterfront Run for two reasons. One is that this scenic route runs along the beautiful San Diego Harbor, through Seaport Village and the Embarcadero. But secondly, and more importantly, it's the name of the real highlight of this run: the Waterfront Bar and Grill. It's located two blocks away from the start/finish of the run. We'll be going there after the run for fish tacos, refreshing drinks, and Good Times with Good People. You could even be the new "closing champion"!
There are three variations of this run that loosely correspond to different levels of fitness. A core workout is to follow when everyone returns. Please take a look at the maps if you are new to the run.
• The Waterfront "3" Route is a 2.7 mile beginner-level course. If you're new to running or just feel like taking it easy, take this one. [map or directions]
• The Waterfront "5" Route is 5.1 mile intermediate-level course. The vast majority people run this one. Pace is typically between 8 to 10 minutes per mile. [map or directions]
• The Waterfront "6" Route is a 6.3 mile advanced-level course. Take this one if you're super fast or just want a little more mileage. [map or directions]
Meet at 6:00pm. We'll get started promptly at 6:15pm.
See you there!
DIRECTIONS, PARKING, AND OTHER INFORMATION:
Meet by the statue at the west (ocean) side of the San Diego County Administration Center. There is tons of street parking and since it's after hours, it's free. Click here for a map of where to meet and the best places to park. Or you can choose to park by the Waterfront Bar and Grill to make it easier for yourself when you leave. The Waterfront is located at 2044 Kettner Blvd and is within walking distance of the start/finish.
CURRENT LEADERS of ED'S WATERFRONT RUN:
• women: MEREDITH H. (reign: 9 weeks)
• men: WAYNE D. (reign: 1 weeks)
ED'S WATERFRONT RUN HALL OF FAME:
• The "closing champions"
• The "man" award: DENNIS C.
• 2009 dress-up dash, best costume: MARAT Z. aka DR. EVIL
• The "man" award: SEUNG L.
• 2010 dress-up dash, best costume: E.J. Inigo aka TECATE CAN
• 2011 dress-up dash, best costume: Adam D. aka Jack Sparraw
• 2012 dress-up dash, best costume: Jeff N. aka Rooster