Join a group of true beginner walkers/walk-runners who are aspiring to run their first 5K race or are getting back into running after a long break.
We invite you to train in a supportive and welcoming group environment where you get to make new friends, share a common fitness goal and celebrate your successes!
The training is FREE, EASY, FUN and FLEXIBLE! The workouts last just 30 minutes and we encourage you to complete each one at your own pace. There are no distance or speed requirements: if you can walk 30 minutes at any speed, that works for us!
You can join us on any day we have a clinic and complete any workout you choose (please see ** Important details ** below). There is no pressure, so don't be shy and come on by! Feel free to bring a friend to make the workout even more fun for yourself!
If you are an accomplished runner, great! Please tell your friends and family about this clinic! Also, we are looking for volunteers to help us, please let Marat know!
We will WALK, and we will RUN and we will HAVE A LOT OF FUN!!! :)
** Important details **
* Please bring a watch with seconds (to keep track of your time) and a bottle of water *
* Choose and know your workout using the training guidelines (links: MS Word (http://files.meetup.com/299468/5K%20Training%20plan.doc) / PDF (http://files.meetup.com/299468/5K%20Running%20plan.pdf)). Let us know if you have any questions *
* Please take a look at suggested routes *
* Wear a comfortable exercise outfit and your 5K shoes *
* This is a rain or shine event *
* We meet at 6p and start at 6:15p *
As you are learning to be your own running coach, please use the training guidelines to plan your workout or to create your own. If you are having trouble remembering the routine, print the plan and bring it with you. We are here to help so please feel free to ask questions!
DIRECTIONS / PARKING / ROUTE:
San Diego Hall Of Champions is at Balboa Park. Public parking around the building is free.
First-timer route - 2 mile route map (http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/33527286/)
More advanced route - 3 mile route map (http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/42119984/)
Please join us on Facebook! (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Learn-to-Run-with-SDR-Beginner-Clinics-and-5K-training-San-Diego/115766335154521)
This meetup repeats every Thursday and does not account for major US holidays. If it falls on a holiday, please check this page and/or email to confirm.