addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

San Diego Running (SDR) Meetup Group Message Board Our Group Runs › WELCOME TO OUR MEETUP!!!!! So, now what? FIND OUT WHICH RUN IS FOR YOU!!!!

WELCOME TO OUR MEETUP!!!!! So, now what? FIND OUT WHICH RUN IS FOR YOU!!!!

Dennis C.
autocannon.com
San Diego, CA
Post #: 74
PLEASE NOTE: This is a Generalized list. Check out CALENDAR­ for specific time and dates!

Welcome to our Meetup: So, "Which Run is for You?"

First off, here are a few points:

1) This is a great group and we're comprised of ALL paces. We are sure to have the right run for you! Some of us are training for races, and some of us are casual runners. Come one, come all!
2) If you're a seasoned runner, and are pretty quick 5-6-7 Min per mile, we have runners in that range as well.
3) During your first run- Please say hi to the group organizer. If you are a beginner, or feel you might be a slower runner and are concerned about being left behind- just let the organizer know and they may be able to group you with the appropriate running partners. It's not a problem!
4) The runs listed below are the most popular/consistent. Of course, there are MORE runs than this so make sure to check the actual Meetup CALENDAR­ for all events.
5) Post run Core-Workouts are Free and Optional and take about 10 minutes. These are done as a group when the Run is complete.
6) Post-Run-Socialize! Yes, on some of these runs we hang out afterward- we highly encourage you to join in on the fun! Make new friends!
7) "Are you guys competitive with each other?"- Nope! We're supportive!
8) Also, please don't be discouraged if we don't send an "Welcome [your name] to the group!" when you first sign up. Sometimes we do, sometimes we dont, it's not personal- but know that we WELCOME YOU and appreciate you joining. Most importantly come and meet us in person at your first run! (when I first joined no one returned my emails or messages, 'sniff sniff' :P )

So, take a look below- find a run that works for you, check the calendar of events, RSVP, and we'll see you soon!!!!!
Happy Running,
Dennis C.
SDR Meetup Director of Marketing CEO/AO/PHD/BRB/LOL the III, Jr.

Updated 6-18-09 ****************************

Seung's Monday Night Balboa Park/Trail run
Where: Balboa Park
Distance: 2.5 Mile Loop, with a 2nd repeat loop option.
Avg Group Size: 25
Paces: 6 Minute Miles Up to 12 Min/mile or so, avg 9:00 minutes per mile
Will the group wait for the last person: Yes on Bridle Trail / No on AFC Loop
Average total run time: ~25 min per loop
Are the routes populated (safety): Bridle Trail: 1st half - Yes, 2nd half is a trail part where it can be more secluded - we will not leave anyone behind. Run together with another runner if you are concerned.
Bathroom/Water: Water throughout the run. Bathroom near start point.
Core Exercise Post Run option?: Heck yes. We do the most hardcore core workout of the week! Get a six pack in no time.
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): No. Come out on Tuesdays/Thursdays!
Beginner Recommended?: Yes. We have a wide range of speeds and experience. There are fast runners and slower runners.
Photos: Click here for Photos!
Organizer: Seung

What Seung would say about his run- "Monday run is the best balance of warm-up run of the week intermediate level training in a beautiful setting. It is one of the biggest group runs and how can you beat Balboa Park? What other run can you get a mix of trails, fountains, museums, statues, historical buildings, bridges, and a - ahem- nice little Hill? None. This run rocks."

Trasie's Tuesday Train at 6:00 AM
Where: Pacific Beach at Crystal Pier
Distance: 5 Miles out and back
Avg Group Size: 10
Paces: 9 Min. Mile or Faster (due to time constraints)
Will the group wait for the last person: No
Average total run time: 50 Min.
Are the routes populated (safety): Yes
Bathroom/Water: ?
Core Exercise Post Run option?:
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): No- cause you should be going to work. :)
Beginner Recommended?: No
Organizer: Trasie

What Trasie would say about her run- "Let's face it. REAL men and women run at 6 AM. Period. And even REAL-ER men and women run at 6AM on WORKDAYS. Besides, running during Sun-RISE is better than running during Rich's little Sun-SET run. Run with me to start your day off on the right foot! Pun intended!"

Tuesdays- Ed's Waterfront Run
Where: Harbor Drive (start near Little Italy)
Distance: 3 distances to choose- 2.8 Mile, 5.1 Mile, and 6.3 Mile route- all start and end in the same spot.
Avg Group Size: 25
Paces: All Paces, with three different distances, it's "choose your own adventure". :)
Will the group wait for the last person: Yes- but if you pick the appropriate distance, you should be back at the same time as everyone else :)
Average total run time: 1 hour
Bathroom/Water: Yes
Core Exercise Post Run option?: Yes
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): THIS IS THE MAIN SOCIAL EVENT OF OUR MEETUP WEEK!, The Waterfront, Food "$1.50 TACO TUESDAY!!!" and Frosty Beverages, Little Italy, 21 up, $5-10 for food
Beginner Recommended?: Absolutely
Organizer: Ed

What Ed would say about his run- "Dude! I put the "SOCIAL" in "Social Running"! We have THE MOST FUN, our Tuesday regulars are the COOLEST peeps in the world, and we top off the day with Beer and 1.50 fish tacos! How the hell would you ever say No to THAT? And, hangin' with me at the Waterfront Bar and Grill is more than a post-run event- it's a friggin AFTER PARTY- and you're a running V.I.P. So come on out!!!"

Dennis C.
autocannon.com
San Diego, CA
Post #: 75

Garrett's Wednesday Mission Bay by Road Runner Sports
Where: Mission Bay (Clairemont Dr/5 FWY)
Distance: Total 5 mile out-and-back
Avg Group Size: 35
Paces: All Paces. Excellent for Beginners. easy to adjust to lesser distance- just turn around early to shorten the run :) Also, slower runners get a few minutes headstart before the faster runners, so we all return at the same time.
Will the group wait for the last person: Yes
Average total run time: 1 hour
Bathroom/Water: Yes, throughout
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): Yes, HighDive Bar/Pizza/Burgers
Beginner Recommended?: Yes, this is a great Meetup run for your first time with us.
Organizer: Garrett

What Garrett would say about his run- "Dennis, our group is the biggest for a reason, NUFF SAID! Mark your calendars every week for this gorgeous run that can't be beat. Sunset, ocean breeze, and free Swag and goodies once in a while makes my run the absolute best! Oh, and, ahem- if you are in need of new running shoes, contact me a

Trasie's Thursday Train at 6:00 AM
Where: Downtown w/ convention Center Stairs
Distance: 6 Miles out and back
Avg Group Size: 10
Paces: 9 Min. Mile or Faster (due to time constraints)
Will the group wait for the last person: No
Average total run time: 50 Min.
Bathroom/Water: ?
Core Exercise Post Run option?: No
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): No- cause you should be going to work. :)
Beginner Recommended?: No
Photos: Click here for Photos
Dennis C.
autocannon.com
San Diego, CA
Post #: 109

Thursday run at Lake Miramar with Mike S., and Chris S.

Where: Lake Miramar
Distance: 5 - 10 Miles (Looped), mile indicators every quarter mile, You can run any distance really and do multiple laps
Avg Group Size: 8
Paces: Boston Qualifiers, LOL (Currently, Intermediate- Advanced runners, Tempo Paces 6-9 Min/Mile)
Will the group wait for the last person: Yes
Average total run time: 30-40 Min per loop
Bathroom/Water: Bathroom and water at start and Mile 3, Outhouses throughout
Core Exercise Post Run option?: ?
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): Yes, Souplantation!
Beginner Recommended?: Well- these guys haul butt on Thursdays. :) ALTHOUGH- Chris and Mike want more beginners to come out! Get a group of 9-10-11 minute pacers out there!
Photos:
Organizer: Mike S. and Chris S.

What Mike and Chris would say about his run- "Dennis, WE WANT MORE SLOWER PACED RUNNERS IN THIS GROUP, PLEASE! Let's grow it! "

The 2 to 3 mile run on the Prado
Distance: 2 mile and 3 mile routes
Avg Group Size: 15
Paces: Run at your own pace.
Will the group wait for the last person: We will start the workout when the majority of runners are back. Slower runners can join in when they are finished.
Average total run time: About 30 minutes
Are the routes populated (safety): The 2 mile route will always be in populated areas. The 3 mile might vary.
Bathroom/Water: Close to the start.
After Run Social Activity (optional and free): Not yet, but if anyone feels inclined to organize it...
Beginner Recommended?: Yes, DEFINITELY!!
Organizer: Tracy

What Tracy would say about this run: " Come join us, and this run is especially suited for beginners as well! Come on out! Seriously though, what's a better way to spend a TGIF?! What? A 1/2 Price Happy Hour? Dude, THIS IS THE RUNNER'S VERSION OF HAPPY HOUR!!! Let's get drunk with endorphines! They're better than 1/2 price, endorphines are FREeeeeeeee!" :)

Dennis's Mega-Distance 150 mile Shoe-Optional Rocky Trail Run Saturdays

Where: Somewhere, out There.
Distance: 150 Miles- or 300 Miles if I eat my Wheaties, 400 miles if I eat them with Milk.
Avg Group Size: 1
Paces: 3:55 per mile or faster, you MUST keep up (explained below).
Will the group wait for the last person: I am the last person, so NO. (I hate waiting for myself)
Average total run time: 8,000 hours in one day- but don't worry, we try to 'squeeze' in the run before sunset.
Are the routes populated (safety): This is not a safe run in any way, shape or form. So- Don't be a fool, stay in school.
Bathroom/Water: Hell no. Not only is this a RUNNING marathon, it's a POTTY BREAK marathon, too. Water? Nope- I learned on Wikipedia that Dehydration is the secret to better performance. Try it. Don't worry, the funny halucinations WILL go away after a while, I promise! (Usually after you take a drink)
Core Excercise Post Run option?: Yeah, we do planks for about 20-30 Minutes each position while holding our breath- they work! Try it!
After Run Activity (optional and free): We get together and pick out the Rocks that get embeded in each others feet. This is an important bonding exercise, so don't skip this.
Beginner Recommended?: No way. 'Cause this run has a special requirement- If you are NOT able to complete the run at the designated pace, you must commit suicide immediately. So be aware, there are alot of bodies around mile 2, 8, 13, and 99- so I suggest that you don't wear your nice shoes if you wanna keep em clean. But, if you DO happen to ruin you shoes by stepping on a dead body, you can.. cough cough... call Garrett at Road Runner Sports at 858-..... haha
Photos: Hey! I take the pictures, so how am I supposed to do this while running? Are You a WiseGuy?
Organizer: Dennis C. , that guys a NUT.

What Dennis would say about his run- "Is this a real run? Oh hell yeah, I do it every week. I mean, how else do you think I keep my girlish figure? If I don't do this run, I might start looking like Marat or Patrick, and that would be a bad thing."

Welcome to our Meetup, now go RSVP!!! :)

Organizers, need your run posted?

The runs posted above represent the most consistent runs in Meetup, with the purpose for new members to see what the "core" of our offering is, and how to schedule your run consistently into their life schedule.

If you would like your run posted to this glorious list, please do the following:

1) Please make sure your run will be consistent for atleast 4 weeks straight. i.e. the runs above have been consistent for months, if not years. One time events need not apply, since that is not the purpose of this particular list...

2) If you have an existing run on this list- Feel free to edit your information, and if you need a new graphic- please message me.

3) If you are adding a brand new run, please email the info to me- so I can add it appropriately to the lineup, and create a graphic.

- Dennis C