addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Clarita Valley Wine Enthusiasts Message Board › New Meetup: Drink Sake paired with American Cuisine. What, Really?

New Meetup: Drink Sake paired with American Cuisine. What, Really?

Douglas
user 10209037
Plano, TX
Announcing a new Meetup for Santa Clarita Valley Wine Enthusiasts!

What: Drink Sake paired with American Cuisine. What, Really?
When: Saturday, June 4, 2011 6:30 PM

Price: $40.00 per person

Where: Private home
will be given to RSVPs
Stevenson Ranch, CA 91381

Hi All, Okay all Enthusiasts, I along with Jim, Yoshi, and 15 others, in the last 6 weeks, have tasted through over 30 Sakes and tried at least that many different American style foods to pair them with. We have come up with a six course menu paired with ten different unique Sakes. If you have not tried Sake before or have only had it at a Japanese restaurant, you are in for a wonderful experience.

Yoshi, who is the importer of the Sake, will educate everyone about how Sake is made and what the differences in the varities are. Jim Schaffert, the owner of Cuisine on Scene, will merge American Cuisine with these Sakes.

If you have been thinking that we have no variety here in the SCV, now is the time to try something new. Here is how the menu looks

Three types of cheese.

Potato skins loaded. Yes we tasted both cheese, (over 20) and the potatoes skins and found to our surprise, they were very tastsy with some varities of Sake.

Chili. Again something I don't think has ever been paired with Sake and we found one that rocks...you be the judge.

Coconut Shrimp.....The coconut explodes with the right Sake.

Three types of chicken Kabobs..Lemon Herb, Thai Peanut, and Teriyaki. Big Jim's kick Ass BBQ (smoked five hours)

St Louis Ribs...to die for. Yes I get it. This is not your a typical Sake paring. Hello, that is the whole point. As always I want to do things no one else is doing. Why? Because that is what life is about.

And of course, I have already found some great entertainment (Japanese style) and a very fun segway from this event to well.....more fun.

KANPAI!

Doug

Check it out!