We will be painting "Spider-LIlies" in this beginner-friendly workshop from 2:30-4:30pm.
The Fall series of "Watercolors on rice-paper" workshops are held on Tuesdays from 2:30pm - 4:30pm on September 11, 18 & 25, October 16, 23 & 30, November 6, 13 & 27 and December 4.
Beginners and first-timers are welcome! Relax and rejuvenate. Enjoy the spontaneous nature of this beautiful art form. Express your creativity with watercolors on rice-paper using Chinese Brush techniques. Create your own watercolor paintings and experience an entirely different way of painting. No sketching or drawing involved.
Let your energy flow into the brush to bring your flowers and landscape paintings to life. Have fun and make new friends with your fellow brush artists in a safe and supportive learning environment. Learn to let go of control and go with the flow. This style of painting is healing, soothing and therapeutic.
Discover your inner artist with Karen's support, choose your own colors, create your own composition. Students who have never painted before (just like Karen when she first started) and beginners will be focusing on easier compositions - flower only and basic techniques.
We will be working with watercolors and learning the brush strokes for painting "Spider-Lilies". You will complete at least 1 painting in this workshop.
More details here:
Workshop dates and times:
11/11/18 "Asters and Butterfly"
10/23/18 & 10/30/18 "Cornucopia"
11/6/18 "Torch Ginger"
11/13/18 "Cymbidium Orchids"
11/27/18 & 12/4/18 "Landscape - Pagoda in the Mist"
Please visit the Student Art gallery to enjoy the paintings created by my wonderful students:
Testimonials from my students:
Each workshop is $33 + $5 materials fee + tax = $38.50. The materials that are provided during the workshops are rice-paper sheets to paint on, specialty watercolors, Chinese ink, disposable plates and cups and a hand-out with summarized lesson plan and image of the painting we are working on creating.
Here's a summary of the discounts available when you pay in advance:
• As a first-time new student, your first workshop is $30 + $5.50 materials fee + tax = $35.50 ($3 savings)
• 4 workshops = $128 + $22 materials fee + tax = $150 ($4 savings).
• 10 workshops = $315 + $55 materials fee + tax = $370 ($15 savings)
The supplies you will need starting out you will need to purchase from me:
• Specialty Chinese brush for flowers = $18 + tax = $19.67
• Special Felt to paint on = $5 + tax = $5.50
• Watercolors - any type that is creamy in consistency and not sticky or tacky feeling. If you already have your own watercolors, please bring them as you can make use of them. I carry a selection that is good quality and lower cost from $8-$11 per 20ml tube.
Please RSVP to register for the workshop(s). You will receive an email confirmation with payment information. After payment is received, you will be emailed the address and directions.
Thanks and Regards,