addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Cruz Transplants & Friends Message Board › Cell phone coverage in West Santa Cruz

Cell phone coverage in West Santa Cruz

Maya
user 11265925
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of getting a new phone and switching companies before moving to Santa Cruz. Does anyone have any experiences with bad cell phone coverage in Santa Cruz, particularly West Santa Cruz (I'll be near the university)? I'm considering either AT&T or Verizon and have seen positive and negative customer comments about both services in Santa Cruz.

Any advice you have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Maya
A former member
Post #: 42
although i use att, when my daughter works near the ocean off portola, she often cannot receive my phone calls, however she does get texts. so, now i have to learn to text at age 63:) will ask my friends who live near the university. make sure you ask about calls and texting.
Maya
user 11265925
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 3
Thank you, Janie! That's very helpful. And good for you -- you're never too old to learn new things. :)
Cheryl
user 27620202
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 5
Hello,

My experience is both AT&T and Verizon work fine but both have strong and weak points. I've received calls made by Verizon users while on campus at the School of Engineering and the coverage was good. I've made and received calls on my phone with AT&T at Shakespeare performances in theater and at the Glens.

I have also found that my son can always receive texts no matter where he is even when he has bad phone reception with AT&T.

You should be fine with either service. I've always had AT&T and really like it but I have friends that swear by Verizon. Sorry if that make the decision any harder.
A former member
Post #: 1
Hi - I use Verizon and worked on and off campus. Coverage for Verizon seems fine. There are certain deadspots when I'm in some buildings but it's infrequent.

Raychel
Maya
user 11265925
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 4
Thanks, Raychel and Cheryl! Sounds like either company will be just fine, though I'm leaning towards Verizon, since I've had confirmation that it will work well in the apartment I'm moving into. I'll report back once I've made the decision and have had some time to try it out!
A former member
Post #: 1
I have Verizon, and so far, it has been fine for me.