Havana, Vinales, Cienfuegos, Trinidad, multiple
This itinerary has been designed to meet requirements set by the United States Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to provide those who register as participants in our programs to visit Cuba legally for educational people-to-people interactions. Our itineraries provide a full-time schedule of people-to-people educational exchange activities designed to result in meaningful interactions between our travelers and individuals in Cuba. United States law requires that all participants in our programs adhere to the full-time schedule of people-to-people activities. You should be aware that you are not traveling to Cuba as a “tourist.” You will be traveling as part of a people-to-people educational exchange program and must participate in all activities of the program.
Come with us and explore Cuba! Cuba’s rich history and culture will come to life over two magical weeks, and we are quite sure that you won’t want to leave. From Havana’s historical streets, travel east to Santiago de Cuba and Baracoa and encounter the birthplace of Cuban rhythms and revolutionary fervor. Imagine yourself walking along the pristine shores of the Caribbean, strolling through World Heritage sites, learning sultry salsa dance moves, and walking along the cobblestone streets of gorgeous Trinidad. Explore one of the most biologically diverse places on earth in Alejandro de Humboldt National Park and cruise the streets of Havana in the back of a classic car. On this 15-day tour, we’ll relive a fascinating colonial history and experience the rich heritage of music and dance that Cuba is known for.
Join Adventure People from all over the US on an exciting trip to Cuba from July 1-15, 2017. This 15-Day, small group tour is a fantastic way to experience this country with other like-minded adventurers.
• Rest your weary head at a Cuban Bed and Breakfast, known as a Casa Particular. Experience the warmth of Cuban hospitality by staying with a Cuban family, who will make you feel right at home.
• Drive along the picturesque Playa Giron, also known as the Bay of Pigs, the infamous site where the landing of US sponsored counter-revolutionary exile militia occurred in 1961.
• Take in the final resting place of the iconic Che Guevara.Visit Cienfuegos, also known as the ‘Pearl of the Caribbean,’ which stands out for its rich French-influenced architecture.
• Try out some sultry salsa steps and dance the night away at Casa de la Musica in Trinidad.
• Explore the beautiful colonial city of Trinidad, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1988.Buy some pottery to take home from the Casa Chichi pottery house of the Santander family, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Watch a performance from the dancers of Camaguey’s world-renowned ballet company.Learn about the Afro-Cuban religion at the Temple of Yemaya.
• Hiking in Alejandro de Humboldt National Park, recognized by UNESCO as one of the most biologically diverse tropical island sites on earth.
• Explore Havana on foot and in a classic car and attend the famous cannon ceremony at the La Cabana Fortress.
• Visit the oldest cigar factory in Havana and learn about the cigar making process.
• Enjoy a live performance by Cuba’s most famous musicians, Buena Vista Social Club!
Pricing and Booking
NOTE: This trip is cross posted and RSVP's here do not reflect the number of people who have RSVP'd from other groups. You must signup at www.adventurepeople.net. A deposit is required upon signup and the balance is due by April 2, 2017. For prices, details and to book your space on this tour, please follow this link: http://adventurepeople.net/tour/exploring-cuba/
Price: $3100 (Single Supplement $520)
CLICK HERE to book your spot.
TRIP LENGTH: 14 nights/ 15 days
DATES: July 1-15, 2017
GROUP SIZE: 6-12 people
TRAVEL STYLE: Basic
PHYSICAL RATING: Easy
PLACES VISITED: Havana, Cienfuegos, Bay of Pigs, Trinidad, Santa Clara, Camaguey, Santiago de Cuba, Baracoa
Want to see what other travelers are saying? Check out the Adventure People Testimonials Page.
Local, English and Spanish speaking guide
14 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 2 Dinners
Accommodations (14-nights Casa Particulars)
Private transportation between destinations
Domestic flight from Baracoa to Havana (1.5 hours)
Airport transfers for arrival and departure (Note: Complimentary transfers are only applicable if you arrive on Day 1 of the tour)
Entrance at Bay of Pigs and the local museum
Snorkeling at the Bay of Pigs
Cienfuegos Walking Tour & visit the Palacia del Valle
Entrance at Che Guevara Memorial in Santa Clara
Walking tour of Trinidad
Salsa Dance Lesson & entry into Casa de la Musica
Hiking or Horseback Riding in the Escambray Mountains
Transportation to Playa Ancon
Casa Chichi Pottery House of the Santender Family (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
Afro-Cuban Temple of Yemaya
Private bus transportation from to Trinidad to Camaguey (6 hours)
Camaguey Walking Tour
Visit a local ballet school
Camaguey Ballet Performance
Private bus transportation from Camaguey to Santiago de Cuba (7 hours)
Visit Casa de la Trova (entry fee and 1x drink)
Santiago de Cuba Walking Tour
Snorkeling at Spanish Warship Cristobal Colon
Baracoa Walking Tour
Yumuri River Tour
BBQ at the River
Hiking in Alejandro de Humboldt National Park
Classic Car Havana Tour
Canon Ceremony at La Cabana Fortress
Old Havana Walking Tour
Visit Partagas Cigar Factory
Final Dinner & Buena Vista Social Club Show
What’s Not Included?
International airfare to Havana + airfare to gateway city (if required)
Beverages & Meals not specified
Airport taxes and excess baggage fees
Cuba Tourist Card (Visa)
To learn more about Adventure People, please visit http://adventurepeople.net/about-us/.
Cancellations and Refunds: Your deposit is non-refundable unless canceled within 72 hours of booking. Should a tour be canceled by Adventure People for any reason, you will receive a full refund or you many choose to transfer your deposit to another tour. Should you have to cancel within 90 days of departure, please be aware that there will be additional cancellation fees.
By signing up for this trip, you agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.