addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Satanists, Luciferians, Dark Pagans, and LHP Occultists Message Board Satanists in Africa › Satanists in Kenya and other African countries

Satanists in Kenya and other African countries

A former member
Post #: 1
satanism in Kenya ,and in general in Africa is not really active in terms of growth of new members ,perhaps because i feel many people don't really understand satanism.most of what they know is that Satan is the bad spirit who punish "sinners" brings bad things to people n tries to prevent people from going to "heaven" as they get this from xtian teachings.the luck of knowledge .and guidance from mature satanist from around here (and i know there are a number) has hampered the development of new satanist as they are left on their own to discover ,which can really be frustrating to others,i have seen a large number of people who are trying to become and meet other satanist,but they don't know HOW?i understand the element of secrecy due to obvious reasons but my request would be that, perhaps if anyone out there who would help me start a club or know of people living in these parts,that want to meet to find a way of communion to join me or contact me and we can move forward together .hail Satan
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 509
Over the past year or so, quite a few Satanists in Africa -- and people in Africa who want to be "initiated" into Satanism -- have joined this Meetup group.

There's not much we can do to help Satanists in Africa, since this group is located in New York, and I don't plan to travel to Africa any time soon. (Nor can I teleport myself there, as a few of the people who have joined this Meetup group seem to expect.)

I'm considering starting a separate message board (not part of Meetup) where Satanists in Africa would be able to introduce themselves to each other. Would you like to help me with that?
A former member
Post #: 2
sure, thanks for the offer,it would be really nice to hear in details,what you have in mind and how i can be of help,to help others.
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 512
My idea is to have an online forum that would be both a public discussion forum and a place where people could safely exchange private messages for a while before revealing any personal contact info.

I would need you (or someone other than myself) to do most of the work of moderating the forum. I simply do not have the time to take on a lot of the work. But I would be willing to be the top administration, if you think having me in a leadership role would help make the forum more successful.

Do you think that an African-oriented Satanist forum would be more likely to be successful if run just by Africans? Or would it be better to have a longtime American Satanist, like me, as the top administrator or at least a figurehead? If you think it would be better if the forum were run just by Africans, then perhaps you should be the main founder (with perhaps some help from other Africans who have joined this Meetup Group) and I would be just an advisor at most in that case.

I can think of one reason why it might be better to have a longtime American Satanist like me as the top administrator, even if I don't do much of the work. Given the lack of religious freedom for Satanists in many African countries, some people in Africa might be afraid to join an African-run forum, out of fear that it might be front for cops. Do you think this is likely to be a common fear, or a justified fear?
A former member
Post #: 3
I have no problem with that, considering a few facts,like I deem you being a more mature satanist than most of us and it would be really good to have a superior or mentor for guidance plus you do have experience in organizing such matters.Other than that i do realize one thing with Africans is that, they do have a sort of a deep faith with western leadership and in particular American.i consider this from the fact that most evangelical churches do have their headquarters in America and generally they do trust foreigners more than Africans themselves.so, the idea would really be very productive. This coupled with the security fears (actually our news headlines today is the continuing hunting and burning alive of people suspected of being witches.so far a few grandmothers have been burned and their homes destroyed in western Kenya and this happens in most of Africa.).i would be happy to take this up in a supporting role.

so, you can keep me posted on actually where to begin and to get it running.

p.s do you think it would be wise if we kept this conversation a bit more private.?
Diane
DianeVera
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 513
Because the proposed forum will be public, we might as well have at least some of the preliminary discussion be public too, and get feedback from other Africans who have joined this Meetup group. If there's anything you need to tell me that really needs to be kept private, you can email me. Did you get the email I sent you today via Meetup?

The first concrete step in getting the proposed forum off the ground will be to look at various message board hosts and choose one. I won't have time for this until next Thursday, at the very earliest.

In the meantime, I would appreciate it very much if you could go through the member list of this meetup group and find the African Satanists and invite them to share their thoughts in this message board thread. (Note: To protect your privacy, make sure the "Hide my email address on this message" box is checked when you email them via Meetup. Or you can post a greeting on their profile instead of emailing them. Either way, please be sure to include the URL of this message board thread.)
A former member
Post #: 4
hi Diane,its o.k i got your e-mail address and in case of something private i will contact you.thanks.i will contact them(African satanist) and get their views and contributions,

ill keep you posted of any other developments

regards
A former member
Post #: 1
hi.
the satanists in Kenya can do very well by working together.am one of them and i would like any other who is in Kenya to join me.
A former member
Post #: 13
I would love to know more about Satanists in Africa:

1. What do you regard as Satanism?

2. How do you practice Satanism?

3. Are you a member of a group?
Raymond
user 13444003
Livingstone, ZM
Post #: 4
am an african from zambia and i would love to join this group.