Come and experience the excitement of our Networking & Cocktail Soiree, a unique process that ensures you are able to promote who you are and what you do; ask for what you specifically need from others; and develop new business relationships and friends.
The Savvy Professional Network of Burlington Vermont invites you to attend our Spring Networking Soiree and Giveaways Event on Tuesday, April 30th at 6pm at The Lighthouse Restaurant. Cost to attend is $25 and includes appetizers and one drink ticket.
Speed networking is the business version of speed dating. However, in speed networking events, participants quickly share contact information with each other and follow up with those that they made a connection with.
It is a way to let others know who you are and what you do. Find things in common, build friendships, seek advise, discuss tips on getting more business, find solutions and grow.
Here’s how the format of our Speed Networking will work…
The event leader will ring a bell, or blow a whistle to indicate the beginning and end of each round. Once the round begins, introduce yourselves, share what has you most excited about the event, as well as your business cards and brochures if you have them.
We will have some questions prepared at each table and feel free to bring some of your own. Get inspired and go with it! Take turns back and forth so each person stays engaged in conversation. When the round is over you move to the right and start again!
You will continue to meet individuals, one at a time, with time at the end for open networking.
What should you do to prepare for Speed Networking?
● Practice with a friend. Practice sharing who you are and what you do and what excites you about Savvy and this networking opportunity.
● Bring a supply of business cards. If you are unemployed at the time, print a small run of business cards with your contact information and occupation printed on them.
● Assemble brochures, resumes or other type of handout, if applicable.
● Bring a pen, notepad, and your appointment or google calendar :)with you.
● Attire- Dress in something that makes you feel good! Our attire is different from field to field and you want to represent who you are. Examples may include- a dress with a sweater; a suit jacket with a cute top, or dressy top and jeans. Feel inspired and confident in your choice. We know you’ll look great!
● Having a network is a very important key to a successful business. It not only allows you to have someone you can refer business to, it also gives people the chance to get to know you so they can feel comfortable sending their family and friends to you. Connections! As they say it’s not just what you know, but who you know.
The fast pace of this event contributes to a high level of energy in the room and this will certainly be a FUN and INSPIRING evening.
Go to >http://savvyprofessionalwomen.com/vermont-networking<
Space is limited. Be sure to register today!