Join us on this half day session and discover the abundance of wild plants that can be foraged from the world around you, and then use them to cook up a foraged feast for lunch!
On this foraging and wild food masterclass, you'll learn what you can harvest at this time of year, that'll invigorate and nourish your body and spirit for months ahead.
We’ll first look for and identify a variety of greens, trees, and flowers that you can eat right now.
Then we'll return to our 'outdoor kitchen' for a hands-on class where you'll cook what you've found, and prepare a tasty forager's feast, and learn a variety of ways to cook on the fire.
From foraged fruits, roots, flowers and shoots, wild nettles and greens, teas and drinks, game and meat - (according to season).
Learn how to prepare and cook what we forage to achieve your wild master chef status.
On the day you’ll learn
(this is not an exhaustive list):
• The do’s and don’ts of wild foraging – what to pick and what to stay away from.
• Where and how to forage.
• The art of bimbling - understanding wild plants and how they help us thrive as food-medicine-toxins.
• Game preparation - likely to be pigeon (but could be rabbit or pheasant).
• Simple and safe ‘reach and harvest’ wild medicines and nibbles .
• About our UK native wild superfoods.
Depending on the season, you’ll be making/exploring:
• Nettle and wild greens pesto
• Delicious elderflower fritters
• The magic of dandelion salad (or other possibilities). Never see them as weeds again!
• Pigeon medallions
• The magic of acorns (or chestnut) – pancakes/fritters.
Let your taste buds go wild!
What they said about the last Forager's Feast we ran in 2015:
"Loved preparing food together in the woods.. with the fire going"
Led by bushcraft and nature connection expert Robert Fallon of Wild Nature.
The cost is £36.99, which includes food to cook on the day.
Suitable for beginners and those who'd like to refresh their skills.
(Numbers limited to 12 participants - so book early!
It's being held in a great location.
Book now to secure your place!
• Wear suitable clothing.
• Tea and biscuits included, but do bring a hot drink and snacks if you would like.
• Suitable for adults and children age 16+ (with accompanying adult)
Robert Fallon is an inspiring educator and wilderness survival guide, bringing together a multitude of disciplines from a lifetime of practices.
He has trained and taught internationally and is involved in various ongoing programs supporting nature reconnection, rites of passage and community regeneration.
He has an infectious enthusiasm, and a passion to inspire us to live in integrity with nature.
Find our events on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SchoolofTheWild/)
Find our events on School of the Wild's website (http://www.schoolofthewild.com/)