This event was canceled
This is an introductory session for people who are complete beginners or fairly new to kayaking. We will begin with learning the essential kayak parts and equipment. We will also learn and practice simple strokes, how to enter and exit the kayak and how to cope with a capsize or emergency. It will be a full and busy day and you will get wet!
Please do not sign up unless you commit to being there. We can not run the training session when people drop out with short notice. I can be reached at Whatsapp [masked] with any questions or concerns. Our 48 hour rule does apply.
Please arrive with HKD 300 in cash as payment for the hire of equipment used in this training session. Please also bring the following -
- Sturdy closed-toed shoes that can get wet that will be worn at all times throughout the training session (Crocs DO NOT qualify. Old sneakers/trainers are OK. NO flip flops).
- A packed lunch or money for a lunch.
- A refillable water bottle (there is clean, drinkable tap water at the kayak base). We strongly discourage the use of packaged water in disposable bottles (I.e. Bonaqua, Evian, etc)
- Swimwear, hat, sunglasses and sun protection (long sleeve rash guard or UV resistant shirt highly recommended).
- Optional: change of clothes & towel for post-session shower
Expect the training to last until about 4pm which means you will likely be ready to go by 5pm after the gear had been washed and stored which you will need to help with.
Following training and practice sessions of all of the above, a short paddle trip MAY be possible to apply all that has been learned. Following the completion of this session, you may participate in 'Beginner' rated paddle trips that SK&F may offer. New members with previous paddling experience will be assessed during this session to determine on a case-by-case basis what level paddling trip they will be eligible for.