addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Node.js Message Board › Unit test framework recommendation

Unit test framework recommendation

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi,

I'm looking for a unit test framework for node.js. I'm familiar with JUnit and was wondering about your experiences with different frameworks are. Looking into node-unit, Espresso, and Mocha at the moment. Basic requirement: light-weight, easy to use, can run concurrent tests. NIce to haves: test coverage report.

Thank you all in advance!
Amy
Ryan R.
ryan-roemer
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Hi Amy,

For both frontend and backend, I'd recommend the following: Mocha for the framework and Blanket.js for code coverage. Mocha is lightweight, flexible and deals really well with async. Also, I'd recommend Chai for assertions and Sinon.JS for mocks.

Best,
Ryan