addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Area Sea Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board Skills Development Discussions › Washington Kayak Club has now posted their schedule for Clinics - Beginning

Washington Kayak Club has now posted their schedule for Clinics - Beginning and Advanced

Amy H.
orangecomo
Seattle, WA
Post #: 24
http://www.washington...­

For those of you new to Sea Kayaking and planning to do some bigger non lake paddles this year the beginning clinic that is offered at Bowman Bay on June 15, 16, 17 is the best bang for your buck you can get in terms of lessons etc. You can rent boats, you can rent drysuits. Great Instructors that are all volunteering their time to get more folks into the sport they love.

I took this class last year and no longer feel like I'm flailing around in the water not going anywhere - I came out of there with a good forward stroke and had a great weekend.

T also took the class and would probably say the same thing.

Lara took the more advanced class which is offered over 6 days June 1-3 and June 8-10 also great bang for the buck - and know from talking with her that she highly recommends it -

Amy
Jody B
user 13619451
Seattle, WA
Post #: 24
Thanks for sharing. The prices are very reasonable.
Jody B
user 13619451
Seattle, WA
Post #: 25
Amy,
Do you have to be a member to take their classes?

Anybody out there want to share their experience with the Advanced class? I'm considering it.

Jody
Amy H.
orangecomo
Seattle, WA
Post #: 27
No you do not have to be a member to take their classes -
I took the beginner last year and just need to send them my check to sign up for the Advanced Class - Lara took the advanced class last year and thought it well worth it.
Amy H.
orangecomo
Seattle, WA
Post #: 42
http://washingtonkaya...­
Best bang for your buck for classes for new paddlers
Weekend of May 17 2013.
Go