addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
christa
Christamone
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone!

My name is Christa, I live in northern California and am planning an extended weekend trip to Seattle for 4th of July (4-8th).
My intention is to leave the city and go on a kayak/camping tour. I was excited to come across your meetup group, but the more I read on your discussion boards and research sea kayaking in general, the clearer its becoming that I should really buckle down and talk with some experienced kayakers about where to go/how to go there safely.
I have never paddled in open sea, but have done river kayaking. I have always wanted to do a camping trip by kayak, and was hoping to make my trip to Seattle this summer my first experience.

First I'd love to know where in the region you'd recommend I paddle as a beginner. From there I can figure out where to rent gear from, etc...

Secondly, is there anyone interested in doing a 2-3 day kayaking trip 4th of July weekend (5th-7th or 8th)?
I saw that a trip is already planned, but it looked booked and maybe above my skill level.
But I would definitely be interested in getting together with some locals and having a mini adventure. I'd like to start planning and figuring everything out now.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is going to be a great trip, I can feel it! I hope I'm able to meet some of you at some point, even if its just to grab a beer.

Cheers,

Christa
Robert T.
user 13257132
Vashon, WA
Post #: 1
You could rent from Vashon Watersports on Vashon Island and paddle around our island stating near shore. There are 3 campsites that are designated for paddle craft only here.
The phone is 206-463-yaks
Web: vashonwatersports.com