The world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are. – JK Rowling
We spend a lot of energy judging which parts of us are dark and which are light. How do we choose our actions? How do we know what voices inside us to follow?
According to the Tao, we are a constant weaving of dark and light. The intention is not to pick one or to judge what arises in us as good or bad. It’s to find the balance point in each moment with more and more trust in ourselves.
Join this Authentic Relating Games night and play in the darkness and the light in you. Through games and interactive exercises, we’ll look at where we might tend to judge what’s dark and what’s light. And we’ll invite space to look at where guilt or self-criticism may be holding us back from being free to choose in the moment.
** WHAT ARE AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES? **
AR (Authentic Relating) is about what is real. It's about what you are feeling and experiencing in the bodily felt sense. It's about your actual thoughts and emotions in the moment, whether they be frightening, silly, sexy, or questioning. It's about the nature of connectedness when you look into the eyes of another being.
Relating Games are a collection of experiences and activities that give participants a hands-on taste of both the joy and skills of genuine interpersonal connection. Game nights provide a lower-stakes venue to feel the power of being vulnerable in community with the aim of bringing more authentic connection into our lives every day.
Authentic Relating is a growing movement with communities around the globe gathering to connect and enrich the human experience. (https://www.authrev.com/worldwide-connection)
** WHAT/WHO IS AUTHENTIC SEATTLE? **
We are a community that is unleashing our aliveness through self-expression, connection, and bearing witness to each other.
Seattle Tantra Center will be hosting monthly Authentic Relating Games nights. All are welcome to join.
- Address: 9414 Roosevelt Way
- Ample street parking and public transit options.
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to settle into the space so we can begin at 7pm. We lock the doors at 7:15.
- Cost: Donation basis $10-$40 suggested to support budding Seattle Tantra and Authentic Seattle communities. Cash, check or card accepted at the door. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. Your assistance with set-up or clean up would be most appreciated in lieu of financial support.
- Accessibility: Seattle Tantra is an accessible space. However, the bathroom does not accommodate wheelchairs. Please contact us if you have questions about how we can support your abilities.
- Please note that Authentic Relating events are not a therapeutic setting, and the facilitators are not there in the role of counselors. If you have needs that would best be served by a mental health professional, do not consider this practice as a substitute for such care.
- Games & Circling events can facilitate people making deep connections. Not everyone brings that connected experience with them after an event. Please remember to practice everyday politeness if you reach out to someone to connect socially after an event.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask any of the Authentic Seattle or Seattle Tantra facilitators.
Note: Currently STC has limited ADA accessibility. Our practice and meeting space has no stairs and is wheelchair accessible. However, our bathroom currently does not fit a wheelchair. (We are hoping to remedy this in early 2019). We will do our best to accommodate the physical needs of all bodies. If you have questions or concerns about your accessibility in our space, please contact [masked].