UPDATE: We will still be running tomorrow! But there is a lot of snow in Seattle, so please keep the following in mind:
1. Please make sure you can get to the run safely in the snow! (Without driving). Otherwise, take a day off and join us for our next run.
2. If you have high-traction shoes such as trail shoes, wear them! You could also wear Microspikes or Yaktrax.
3. We will all have to run a little more slowly than usual due to the conditions.
Let's run from the Columbia City Link Light Rail station to Capitol Hill! We will run through some of Seattle's beautiful parks and take in scenic views of the city and Lake Washington. Once we get to Capitol Hill and finish running, we'll stop somewhere to eat and get coffee. We've got our eye on either Sweet Iron waffles or General Porpoise Doughnuts. Yum!
WHERE TO MEET: There are 2 options:
1. Meet us at Columbia City Station by 8am.
2. If you are coming from up north, meet at the Capitol Hill Station platform at 7:25am, and together we will board the 7:31am southbound train. This train is scheduled to arrive at Columbia City Station at 7:52am. If you want to hop on the same train at a different station, find us in the first car. Here's the southbound train schedule--make sure to scroll to the last page for the Sunday schedule: https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/default/files/route_dir_pdf/link-light-rail-southbound.pdf
Note: If you are coming from the south and riding a northbound Link train to Columbia City, we may not have an organized group riding that train with you, but we *will* wait for the 7:59am train to arrive at Columbia City before we start our run, even if that train is running late! Here's the northbound schedule--remember to scroll to the last page for the Sunday schedule: https://www.soundtransit.org/sites/default/files/route_dir_pdf/link-light-rail-northbound.pdf
FARE PAYMENT: Depending on how far you are traveling, fares for Link Light Rail range from $2.25 to $3.25. You can buy a ticket at a ticket vending machine at any light rail station. However, the best way to pay your fare for Link Light Rail is by using an ORCA card. If you don't already have one, and you plan to use transit in Seattle again, we recommend purchasing an ORCA card for $5 and then putting $20 or so of E-purse value on it for future use. You can also purchase an ORCA card at a vending machine at any light rail station.