addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle RailsBridge Group Message Board › Study Group - can we get started online?

Study Group - can we get started online?

a-e
ashley-E
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi all --
I'm a software engineer that focused mostly on Smalltalk (!). I want to learn Ruby & Rails and so am really interested in the possibility of a study group.
Is there anything we could do together on-line to get started? I'd love to get started while the logistics of the meet-ups are worked out. I know that it means some folks will be 'ahead' of others when the meetups begin, but that's going to happen anyway to a certain extent. (Since some folks will come in with more/different knowledge than others.)

Is there a book or on-line material that we could all go through? With discussions and questions in this forum, and then maybe a set time during the week for Skype/chat/IRC ?

Anyone interested? thoughts? suggestions?

- ashley