Come on out this Sunday to help serve food to those in need of a meal in Seattle! We meet every Sunday at 1pm, with the exception of the 3rd Sunday which is at 12pm.
Where: At the Outdoor Meal Site near the intersection of 6th Ave & Columbia St. The site is under the freeway and there's free parking when facing the fence (designated for volunteers). Plan to arrive about 5 minutes prior to the event.
How you can help:
- Assist with food preparation prior to the serve by contacting the serve manager at [masked]
- Set up the meal site by arranging tables and carrying supplies from the AOK Friends van.
- Serve food/drinks or manage the distribution of clothing & toiletries.
- Help clean up after the serve.
- Make a donation: Donations play a huge part in making sure we have enough food & supplies to make what we do possible.
Donations can be made as follows:
- Give a check or cash to the serve coordinator at the site. If donating by check, please make it out to "AOK Friends."
- Donate online through Paypal by going on www.paypal.com (http://www.paypal.com/) and click "Send Money" and enter [masked] in the recipient box.
- Food and drinks. Consumables should be prepackaged items and we are encouraging nutritionally balanced options such as trail mix, granola/power bars, fruits, etc. Also, we can never have enough bottled water!
- Clothing and Toiletries. Most requested clothing items are sweatpants, sweatshirts with hoods, socks, underwear, gloves, shoes, coats, jeans, t-shirts, backpacks, sport bags, sleeping bags, 2-3 men tents, camping gear, propane gas cylinders, and blankets. Men’s L, XL, and XXL are the most desired sizes. Items can be brought to the site, but AOK Friends does not have the means for storing excess items so please plan a way to take the extras back with you.
From 405 South to I-5 South, exit 165A James St. and stay on left side. Take the first driveway on your left into the pay parking lot (before James St. signal light) and park facing the fence.
From I-90 West, to I-5 North, exit on James St. Turn left on James St, turn right on 4th Ave, continue about 3 blocks, turn right on Marion St. Turn right on 6th Ave and quickly move to the left lane and to turn into the pay parking lot and park facing the fence.
Please check online maps if you are coming from other directions.
Thank you for all your help!
Please check us out at https://www.facebook.com/ActsOfKindness