addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Secular Humanist Group of Alberta (Calgary) Message Board › Alberta Budget-what's your opinion?

Alberta Budget-what's your opinion?

A former member
Post #: 57

I think this is a very innovative step the by Government of Alberta- a way to educate citizens while also getting their input. Worth checking out, imo :) It ain't easy balancing all of the priorities--everything is a priority!!! and without knowing the details of the spending too.

My take is that we need more collaboration (ie between health care, education and social services is one connection that seems obvious to me), more preventative/proactive measures and stable funding.

And maybe we need to start paying for some health care. 40% of the budget goes to healthcare. Or, restructure so that nurse practitioners can do day to day and on-going maintenance care. Nurses are cheaper than docs!

I would have liked to see the innovative solutions proposed by people from these fields...
too much to ask, perhaps...

Gena M.
user 10444492
Sherwood Park, AB
Post #: 292
Thanks for sharing that link