Hello everyone! Our next Meetup will take place on Dec 27th at the Klarna offices in Yigal Alon 98, Tel Aviv (Electra building).
As usual we will have two technical presentations and plenty of time to socialize in between...
Automating Multi-Factor Authentication
Speaker: Or Polaczek (https://www.linkedin.com/in/orpolaczek/)
The use of Multi-Factor Authentication is becoming more and more common online, especially in E-commerce. I believe that a true end-to-end monitoring system should be able to cover MFA steps without special tweaks.
This talk will describe the 3 most common methods used today to implement MFA:
• SMS code verification
• Automated phone-call that either reads a X-digits code or requires you to dial one yourself
• Time-based One Time Password (TOTP) algorithm using dedicated apps such as Google Authenticator / 1Password / Okta /etc.
After understanding the differences between the above methods, we'll walk through one way to automate each form of MFA. While SMS and TOTP are relatively easy to automate, automating phone calls and speech-to-text is more complicated. In order to address that challenge, this talk will introduce a new technology: Asterisk - an open-source telecommunications engine.
The talk will feature 3 live demos, one for automating each MFA form:
• How to use Twillio's API to automate the reception of SMS with verification code
• How to use a Python library and a pre-configured user account to automate TOTP
• How to use Asterisk and Amazon's ASR (automatic speech recognition) to automate the reception OR typing of a verification code of an automated phone call.
Codeless Visual Testing
Speaker: Doron Zavelevsky (https://www.linkedin.com/in/zavelevsky/)
Test automation folklore is full of horror stories of failed attempts to apply record-playback tools to perform UI-based functional testing. In this talk we’ll take an objective look at record-playback tools and compare them with programming-based automation tools in order to evaluate their applicability to visual test automation. We will show that record-playback tools are very effective as visual testing drivers and implement a visual test for a responsive website using Selenium Builder without writing a single line of code.
18:00 – 18:30 Meet & Greet
18:30 – 19:15 Automating Multi-Factor Authentication
19:15 – 19:30 Break
19:30 - 20:15 Codeless Visual Testing
21:00 - Lights out
Looking forward to see you all!