We're going to be hosting our next event titled Startup Book to coincide with Romance Writers of America.
Startup Book covers a variety of topics that helps authors publish and promote their books in today’s evolving publishing landscape.
Startup Book is part of Bibliocrunch (http://bibliocrunch.com), a platform that connects authors with the best, curated publishing professionals. If you’re looking for an editor, designer, someone to help you with your book you can post your project on Bibliocrunch and watch the proposals pour in.
PRICING: FREE for VIP Members of Bibliocrunch (http://bibliocrunch.com/pricing), $10 for everyone else
We'll have some lighting panels followed by networking circles with pizza and drinks.
1) Basics of self-publishing - market overview, where you should publish and why (Miral Sattar of Bibliocrunch)
2) Fiction Editing - the different types of editing (Sangeeta Mehta- Freelance editor of middle grade, young adult & contemporary women's fiction. Alum of S&S and Little, Brown)
3) Non-Fiction Editing - your non-fiction editing checklist (Stephanie Golden - Freelance editor and book doctor. Alum of Encyclopaedia Britannica and Oxford University Press).
4) Formatting your book for print and digital (Kevin Callahan of BNGOBOOKS)
5) Selling books by the truckload ( Penny Sansevieri of A Marketing Expert)
6) Getting professional reviews (Etta Verma of Library Journal)
Members of our exclusive community of industry professionals have worked for some of the largest publishing houses in the world, including Simon & Schuster, Penguin Random House, and HarperCollins. Bibliocrunch has been featured in Consumer Reports, Forbes, Money Magazine, Bloomberg, BBC World News, Publishers Weekly, MediaBistro, The Wall Street Journal, Library Journal, and The Columbia Review, among other press outlets.
Follow us on Twitter @Bibliocrunch (http://twitter.com/bibliocrunch) for updates