Sensored #17: Sensored Art (and our 3-year birthday party!)
The Sensored Meetup turns 3!
The world of sensors, connected devices, and hardware has certainly changed since our first meetup in Lemnos Labs' just-opened warehouse. Let's get together and celebrate!
We'll start with drinks and networking at 7pm. At 7:30 we'll have a short series of speakers talking about sensors and art, giving 5 minute technical talks about their work. And we'll be back on our home turf, at Lemnos Labs (http://lemnoslabs.com/).
Tonight's stellar lineup:
• Alex Glowaski (http://alexglow.com/) (@glowascii (https://twitter.com/glowascii)), Pinoccio (https://pinocc.io/) & Hackster (http://www.hackster.io/) -- DIY Brainimatronics
• Matthew Faulkner (@phageteslacoil (https://twitter.com/phageteslacoil)) -- Coup de Foudre (https://www.facebook.com/coupdefoudre2014), a musical Tesla coil
• Mike Pesavento (@DrBrainlove (https://twitter.com/drbrainlove)) -- Dr. Brainlove (https://www.facebook.com/drbrainlove): displaying neural activity on a 30 ft brain
• Dat Phan (@datphan (https://twitter.com/datphan)) and Jordan Gray (@starpause (https://twitter.com/starpause)), Codame (http://codame.com/) -- Modbod3D (http://www.codame.com/post/portfolio/modbod3d/): DIY Scanning for Tech Art
• Romie Littrell (@TheTechMuseum (https://twitter.com/TheTechMuseum)), The Tech Museum (http://www.thetech.org/) -- Bodymetrics (http://www.thetech.org/bodymetrics/): an interactive exhibit at The Tech Museum
• Joe Warga (@planetlabs (https://twitter.com/planetlabs)), Planet Labs (https://www.planet.com/) -- Polarimetry
• Forest Stearns (@foreststearns (https://twitter.com/foreststearns)), Planet Labs (https://www.planet.com/) -- Art on satellites and radiodomes
• Paul Mans, Anticlockwise Arts (http://www.anticlockwisearts.com/) -- Sensing Engagement and Rewarding Participation with Cameras, Projectors and Sound
This month's meetup is sponsored by F50 (http://f50.io/), a private co-investment platform that identifies fundable startups and matches them with investors. F50 is also running a multi-platform hardware partners meetup on December 9, (http://bit.ly/f50Dec9) including the following groups: East Bay Hardware (http://www.meetup.com/East-Bay-Hardware-Startup/), Sensored SF (http://meetup.com/Sensored) (us!), Silicon Valley Robotics (http://www.meetup.com/Silicon-Valley-Robotics/), SF Hardware Startup to Scale (http://www.meetup.com/SV-Hardware-Startup-to-Scale/), Wearable Wednesdays (http://www.meetup.com/Wearable-Wednesday-SF/). If you're interested in demoing there, they're taking applications: https://f50.wufoo.com/forms/apply-to-pitch/
Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!