We all are fellow travelers on the road in search for home~ a place where you can be comfortable and just be yourself. A long journey full of adventures is awaiting for us to be explored and a silent whispering awakens our dormant spirits, "Do not fear but believe".
Seoul Village has people coming from all over the world speaking different languages and sharing their cultures. Just like a rainbow that blends different colors into one beautiful mix of styles and sounds.
1. WHAT HOBBIES DO YOU ENJOY DOING OR WHAT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE THAT YOU'D LIKE TO SHARE WITH OTHERS?: When you have a strong passion or insightful knowledge about something you deeply care about, your natural desire is wanting to share it with others and bring people together around that. So come join us and share your ELEMENT with us! Let's all play, learn and grow together!!
Here are some of the activities we've been playing in our OPEN playgrounds~
- Language Sessions: Weekly Korean Study sessions, Weekend Street Spanish and Street Korean sessions in interesting spots around the city. We also run 24x7 Group Chat rooms on Kakaotalk(Korean, Spanish, English, French, Portuguese, Mandarin, Russian, Japanese and Vietnamese) so if you'd like to be invited and get connected to people from all over the world, send a message to Kakaotalk id fromchile.
- Cultural Experiences: Food Tasting tours in Traditional Markets, Hanbok Afternoons, Tasting Live Squid and Hairy Crab at Noryangjin Seafood market, Getting a Full-body Scrubbing Massage at Jjimjilbang(Korean style sauna), Recording your own favorite Songs at Noraebang, etc.
- Fun Events: ChaCha and Bachata Dance sessions, Vegetarian Dinners, Weekend Dinners at International Cuisine Restaurants, Group Visits to Interesting Festivals and Touristic places, Ladies-Only Events, Free Hugs at some of the busiest places in town, International Movie Nights, etc.
- Outdoor activities: Group Hiking, Long Distance Walking, Bike Riding at Han River Park, Drawing sessions at the Royal Palace, etc.
- Sharing Your Knowledge and Skills: Leading Conversation sessions in your Native Language(Offline/SKYPE), Helping a Newcomer as a Local Buddy, Introducing your Home Country to others, Teaching others How to Cook and Bake, Sharing your Books and Hometown Music with others, etc.
2. IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY ARRIVED TO SEOUL, WOULD YOU LIKE US TO ARRANGE A SPECIAL WELCOME DINNER OR PERHAPS FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP YOU GET FAMILIAR WITH THE LOCAL CULTURE?: If you are new to Seoul and wish to meet new buddies, we organize welcome dinners every Saturday so you may hear from others their experiences of having lived in Seoul. We can also introduce you a LOCAL BUDDY so you can exchange practical info and hang out together.
Hopefully, you'll find these activities helpful for integrating yourself better with the local culture and communities. We do our best with the few resources we have but the idea is to take small steps forward into making Seoul a little bit more friendly for all our friends coming from the different corners of the world.