addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seven Hills Camera Club (7HCC) Message Board › Status of the Moore State Park rhododendrons

Status of the Moore State Park rhododendrons

A former member
Post #: 2
Moore State Park (in Paxton) was mentioned as a good place to visit a few weeks ago.
I was there this afternoon (Sunday 19th) and can report that the small-leaf rhododendrons are just about at their peak. These have a wide range of color and are worth visiting.
I only saw two of the large-leaf rhodies in flower and more in bud, so the hillside of rhodies overlooking the mill-pond is not yet ready.
The water levels in the stream and mill-pond are really low, the waterfalls are the weakest I've ever seen them.