addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Shakespeare Lovers - Chevy Chase, MD Message Board › Twelfth Night (Part 2)

Twelfth Night (Part 2)

Afsaneh M.
user 16608031
Group Organizer
Chevy Chase, MD
Dear Member,
Sending a note to a few of you as a reminder that although the June 16 Meetup has just filled up, the repeat June 23 Meetup is open. Both are covering the second half of the Play - and with a basic understanding of the summary of the first half, you should be able to glide in!

I will be scheduling a DVD party in July - open to members who've attended one or both of the "Twelfth Night" gatherings.
Our gatherings continue to be focused on the words of the Bard himself, via handouts with themed discussions that I put together. It's been a joy savoring our way through these. Discussing the themes both in the context of the play itself, and bigger universal truths that most great Art touches upon, brings a kind of double richness!
A little quote to finish the message for you ( from the manufactured letter sent to Malvolio):
"Some are born great"
"Some achieve greatness"
"And some have greatness thrust upon them."
And even though the context of the quote belongs to  a farcical situation, I find it to be so profound. My favorite category is the 2nd one, "achieving" greatness, while I think the 3rd category could describe much of our era's ailments, with instant fame, Reality TV fame, and other forms of greatness that have little to do with "achieving" and which much of society is aspiring to!  I love coming across these little gems, timeless stuff to nurture the soul. Hope to see you in the future, with Twelfth Night or another play!
AFSANEH