Get to know fellow writers and get feedback on your writing! You are welcome to attend the critique group whether or not you submit work to be critiqued.
Excerpt Distribution: Excerpts will be distributed on Friday via email to those who have RSVPed and provided an email address (see below). Please read the excerpts and prepare your comments in advance. You will not be asked to read more than four 2200-word excerpts per week (about 28 pages total).
IMPORTANT: IF THIS WILL BE YOUR FIRST TIME ATTENDING, in addition to RSVPing for the meeting you would like to attend, send an email to [masked] no later than THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT with the answers to the following questions:
1. What genre(s) do you enjoy writing?
2. What genre(s) do you enjoy reading?
3. What email address should we use to send you the excerpts for critique?
Please review the Critique Group Guidelines prior to attending a session. We want to promote a safe and productive environment for all writers.
To participate as a critique candidate:
Note: Please participate in at least two meetings of the critique group before submitting your work.
If you would like to receive feedback on your writing, you may submit an excerpt from your novel or short fiction to [masked] with the subject "CRITIQUE GROUP SUBMISSION" and the date of the group BY THURSDAY AT MIDNIGHT.
Please include the following in the body of your email:
1) genre(s) of your novel
2) working title
3) a 1-5 sentence description of your book
4) Attach a PDF or Word file containing up to 2200 words of your novel.
5) Respect the time and attention of your fellow writers. Review and edit your excerpt several times to catch obvious typos. It helps to read your work aloud at least once.
6) Lines should be double spaced.
7) Margins should be at least 1 inch on all sides.
8) Font should be at least 11.5pt.
6) Number the top or bottom of each page (ie. In the header or footer.)
6) Put your email address at the top of your piece. This will assist fellow group members in emailing you their notes after the meeting.
7) The name of your file should include the working title of your piece.
Note: Poetry, non-fiction (except memoirs), and screenplay excerpts are not accepted in this group.
Note: We reserve the right to reject any submission felt to be inappropriate for the group.