Let’s practice "Leave It Better Than You Found It" by cleaning up Hermit Falls, a popular local swimming hole that needs some love.
• Trailhead Directions: Chantry Flats Trailhead: Exit 210 Freeway at Santa Anita Avenue and go North (toward the mountains). Go to the end of the road and park in one of the parking lots. Adventure Pass is required. If you park along the road, be sure your car is completely behind the line or you will be ticketed or towed. Adventure passes are available at the Pack Station near the trailhead.
• Trailhead Location: Chantry Flats Road, Angeles National Forest, Arcadia, CA 91006
• Driving Directions: Follow Santa Anita Avenue toward the San Gabriel Mountains to Chantry Flat, 3-mi from the entrance gate. Driving distance from downtown Los Angeles is approximately 40 minutes without traffic.
• Parking: The trail to Hermit Falls begins from Chantry Flat, across the street from Adams’ Pack Station. Free street parking is available with an Adventure Pass, available at Adams’ Pack Station or your local sporting goods store. Limited paid parking is available at Adams’ Pack Station for $10 on weekends. The road to Chantry Flat is open from 6:00 AM until 8:00 PM. Arrive early to secure a parking spot. Carpooling encouraged.
• Trail Distance: 2.6 miles roundtrip
• What to bring: Protective gloves, layers, sun protection, water, snacks