PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE EVENT DESCRIPTION
This event is organized by Skill Sapien and nestGSV.
Idea to IPO is collaborating by promoting this event.
There is a cover charge to attend this event.
In order to attend, you must register and pay here:
Idea to IPO members can receive 50% off the cover charge.
To get your 50% discount, enter promo code:
What are the most common legal blunders and their impacts? What are the must-know legal essentials before raising capital, setting up a board, or incorporating? How does a startup leverage new cost-effective channels and resources for tapping legal expertise?
Hear some practical examples for startups from successful lawyers-turned-entrepreneurs.
- Securities law mistakes made in raising money
- Misconceptions about board members, advisors, and corporate governance
Douglas Park –
- Partner at Rimon PC
- Lecturer at Stanford University
- Cofounder, Chief Education Evangelist and General Counsel at Thinktomi.com
- Named 2013 Rising Star in Northern California by Super Lawyersmagazine (awarded to less than 2.5% of qualifying attorneys)
- How NOT to incorporate
- How to leverage new economy channels for cost-effective legal advice or solutions
Mark Ruiz –
- Founder of Mark Ruiz Law LLP
- Cofounder and CEO at RecordLogix Inc (a legal SaaS solution company)
- Serves as General Counsel for multiple Silicon Valley Startups
- VP of San Mateo Hispanic Bar Association
- Experienced in online legal sourcing platforms
- Founding an entrepreneurial venture from a legal practitioner perspective: the do’s and the don’ts!
Kathleen Policy –
- Cofounder and General Counsel at NestGSV
- Co founder of NestHER
- Former attorney at Greenberg Traurig LLP
- Former Deputy District Attorney, City and County of San Francisco
Arbitrating disputes: the good way and the ugly way
Tom Klein –
- Shareholder / Senior Partner at Greenberg Traurig
- Adjunct professor of law at Santa Clara Law School
- Adjust lecturer in securities law at Stanford Law School
- Visiting Professor in Master of Laws at UC Davis Law School
Each of these presenters normally charge thousands of dollars a day for their time. On this evening – and exclusively through Skillsapien - they come together to share their decades of experience and secrets of success with the Bay Area entrepreneurial community, all for the price of a few beers.
Skillsapien – tapping higher expertise, on demand.
(Note: this class is aimed at mastering the concepts. To successfully implement these concepts, Skillsapien recommends seeking further expert assistance. This can be through in-depth coaching and consulting from our partners. For more information, please consult our structured courses at: http://skillsapien.eventbrite.com or make a request via: www.skillsapien.com.
Furthermore, no formal advice is provided in this seminar, and all information are provided on an “as is” basis for informal discussion purposes only. The presenters are not liable for errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the information presented before, during, and after the seminar and with any communications / discussions regarding this information.)
Have questions about Top legal blunders and how to avoid them – A Master Class?