addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Silicon Valley Automotive Open Source Message Board › Reminder about Thursday night refreshments, plus a few other announcements

Reminder about Thursday night refreshments, plus a few other announcements

Alison C.
user 8979363
Group Organizer
Mountain View, CA
Reminders for Thursday night's Tizen talk

On Thursday night, Joel Clark of Intel will present a talk on the Tizen-IVI Linux distribution that is jointly sponsored by Intel and Samsung.     The meeting will be held, as before, at the Intel Auditorium in Santa Clara.  We thank Intel for hosting us (and for presenting).    Please see the website for details.

If you wish to have refreshments sponsored once more by ICS, please sign up at the website by noon tomorrow, June 12. Thanks as always to ICS for their generosity. Feel free to show up to hear the presentation at the last minute or to bring unregistered guests, but should refreshments be in short supply, we will then ask you to refrain.

The refreshments will be available at about 6:30 PM in a room on the right as you enter the Lobby.   If the turnout is small, we will hold the talk in that room as well starting at about 7 PM.   If the turnout is larger, the presentation will be in the large Auditorium on the left side of the Lobby.

July and Beyond

The July 24 talk on the Ford-sponsored OpenXC project is posted at the website.   I'm still working on a speaker for August, which will be me again if no more exciting candidate comes forward.   Please send me any speaker suggestions if you have them!   Feel free to volunteer yourself.

Ravi Puvvala of Savari Networks will speak about V2V and V2I networking, an exciting topic, in September.   We will experiment then with a location in Fremont.    It's not my intention to permanently move the events to Fremont, but to move them around the Bay Area a bit.   Upcoming events will be in San Francisco and Berkeley if the speakers commit.    Comments are welcome, as well as offers to host future events!

Call for Volunteers

As always, please volunteer to organize new events if you have the inclination.   I am making no money from the group (in fact I am underwriting it financially), so my time is limited.

I would love to have a Venture Fair, a Job Fair, a Mixer with no talk, an evening of lightning talks by startups  . . .  Please someone organize these if you have the energy!