We'll be hosting our next meetup at Datapipe in San Jose.
- Datapipes offices are on the corner of 1st Street and West San Fernando in Suite 101 (entrance is on the corner with a glass entrance).
- Parking: Datapipe has a large parking garage beneath the building (details below).
- Shashank Tiwari will be discussing Geolocation in MongoDB. This talk illustrates mongoDB's support for geolocation. It explains how these features could be leveraged to build a number of different awesome geolocation sensitive applications. It also discusses the limitations and a few possible extensions. The talk presents examples based on the experiences of using mongoDB to build a geolocation sensitive information discovery app.
Shashank Tiwari is a technology entrepreneur, developer, author, and a well-recognized speaker and mentor. He is the founder of WhatNext Labs, www.whatnextlabs.com, a division of Treasury of Ideas LLC that builds compelling consumer applications that leverage mobile platforms and semi-structured data. His most recent book is Professional NoSQL (Wiley, 2011)
Tesfalem Gabremariam, Datapipe Cloud Architect will give a demo of Stratosphere, Datapipe's globally available, high-performance managed cloud computing platform. All attendees will receive a $500 credit towards a Stratosphere Cloud Solution.
Parking Information: (located on S. Second Street Side of building)
* Proceed up S. 1st to E. San Fernando St
* Take right onto E. San Fernando St
* Take right onto S. 2nd St
* Take right into under-ground parking
* Take S. 1st Elevator to street level
* Datapipe will provide validation for parking