Please join us and help out Habitat For Humanity by volunteering at their new ReStore location at San Carlos.
The ReStore is a volunteer-driven social enterprise of Habitat for Humanity. The concept is like Home Depot meets Goodwill: we accept and resell new and re-useable building materials, appliances, hardware, and furniture to the public at a fraction of the normal retail price. Proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco to fund the construction of homes in San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo Counties. So, we like to call the ReStore "the store that builds."
Group volunteers are so important to the ReStore: you get the merchandise from donors to the floor. Volunteers sort, clean, measure, repair and price the donations to get them ready to sell. On occasion, some group members will help photograph and post new merchandise to there Diggerlist storefront.
To make sure we help make your volunteer time an enjoyable, yet safe, experience, here are some things to prepare for beforehand:
1. Please wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dust, or maybe a splatter of paint on.
2. Close toe shoes, like tennis shoes, that will protect your feet & toes, will work best for this project.
3. If you have a safety belt, bringing it and using while working at the site will be good for your back.
4. Feel free to bring your snacks or beverages. We have a volunteer break room with fridge, water and microwave.
5. Volunteers are requested to park on the street instead of ReStore's parking lot, since they have only limited spaces available for their customers.
Feel free to contact me for anything - [masked] or[masked]
Thanks for Volunteering,