Chinese Dim Sum – Xiao Long Bao (小笼包) Class
Tuesday 23/10/2018 @ 11:00 - 13:30 $98
Hi there! We know that you're excited about this workshop. Please do book your tickets via the booking link:
An RSVP via Meet Up will not guarantee a place.
Xiao Long Bao is an extremely popular dim sum dish in Singapore. This yummy soup dumpling has been loved by folks across different cultures, Asians, Westerners, women, and men, kids and adults alike. In the making of this humble dumpling that packs an explosive punch, Pork Jelly is an essential ingredient! Come join us and learn the secrets to this mouth-watering dim sum!
In this class, attendees will get to practice hands-on at making this luxurious delicacy themselves! Bonus! Our brilliant instructor will also demonstrate Smashed Cucumber Salad (拍黄瓜) – a popular salad dish served all over China, sometimes spiked with dried chiles, Sichuan peppercorns and other spices for more dimensions of flavor.
Menu of Cooking
Xiao Long Bao
– 15 mins introduction and demonstration on dough making
– 15 mins hands-on session – attendees practice on making the dough
– 15 mins demonstration and practice on making fillings
– 15 mins demonstration on making the wrappers and assembling the ingredients
– 30 mins hands-on session – attendees practice on the above
– 15 mins demonstration of Smashed Cucumber Salad
– 15 mins cook the Xiao Long Bao
– 30 mins lunchtime and enjoy the Xiao Long Bao
What’s included in the ticket fee:
Class fee, ingredients, apron
About the Instructor:
Cai Li Blakeman
A food consultant, instructor, and blogger. Cai Li teaches the Xiao Long Bao class at Spoonful. She was born and raised in China and has lived in Beijing, Washington DC and Singapore. She received her culinary training at the Le Cordon Bleu in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2014. She shares easy recipes and stories on homemade Chinese and Asian food on the Facebook page @sentosadough and her blog of www.lets-playdough.com.
TERMS & CONDITIONS APPLY