Airport Blvd , Singapore
See the amazing Aurora Borealis in Yukon, Canada; and escape to the Canadian Rockies for a winter wonderland adventure!
This trip will be a chance for you to escape into the splendor of a snowy winter wonderland in the Canadian Rockies and experience the beautiful winter landscape made so much more magnificent with the mountains in the background. You will get to see the world-renowned Lake Louise and get the once-in-the-lifetime chance to ice-skate on this beautiful frozen lake. You will also visit Banff, the most famous town of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks, which is on the UNESCO world heritage list. In Banff, you will ride the gondola up Sulphur Mountain for views that will take your breath away! Then discover the secret in the Cave and Basin tour that led to the discovery of this amazing mountain national park. Your winter escapade will also bring you the wonders of snowshoeing, dog-sledding, and even caving! (These are recommended optional tours that you can add to package if you wish)
The second part of this trip will see you board a flight to Yukon into the town of Whitehorse where you will have the opportunity of your lifetime to catch the spectacular Northern Lights – the Aurora Borealis. For 3 nights, you will be transported from your hotel to a heated cabin or wall tent, out in the open darkness, to catch the Aurora Borealis. During your days there, you will visit the Yukon Wildlife Preserve where you can watch and photograph the Dall Sheep, Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goat, Deer, Elk, Woodland Caribou, Wood Bison, Musk-Ox and Moose – all in their natural habitat. You will also get the chance to soak in the Takhini Hot Springs in an open Yukon winter landscape. How amazing is that! Try the optional snowmobiling tour to finish off your fantastic Yukon winter adventure!.
Day 1 – 26 Jan / 4 Feb
Arrival into Calgary airport. Transfer from airport to hotel in Canmore (1.5 hours drive away).
Day 2 – 27 Jan / 5 Feb
We leave in the morning for the beautiful Lake Louise. You can spend your morning here just strolling around the lake, enjoy the scenery, or go indoors to the famous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise and have some tea while taking in the scenery. You can rent ice skates too, for this lovely opportunity to skate in such gorgeous surroundings.
Lake Louise - simply magical!
In the afternoon, we’ll be in Banff to ride the Gondola up to Sulphur Mountain …
And then head to the Cave and Basin National Historic Site.
Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Day 3 – 28 Jan / 6 Feb
We’ll be taking the flight to Whitehorse in the afternoon for the Aurora Borealis part of our tour. Before that, there is the option of doing a dogsledding (or mushing) tour - an opportunity you don’t want to miss! Otherwise, we’ll be heading to Banff or Canmore for shopping in the beautiful town and to take more photos.
Our flight in the afternoon will arrive in Whitehorse in the night so it’ll just be a check-in at the hotel.
Dog-sledding – you don’t want to miss this!
Day 4 – 29 Jan / 7 Feb
You’ll get to walk out and see the city for much of the day today. The hotel is located near the Yukon River and within walking distance of all attractions, restaurants, banks and stores. You will transfer to another hotel around lunch and then there will be an information meeting and registration for optional tours at the hotel today.
At 9:30 pm, you will depart for Aurora viewing. A cozy, heated cabin or wall tent with hot drinks and snacks makes your Aurora viewing even more enjoyable. The return to the hotel will be around 2.00 am. This will be the same arrangement for every night during your stay in Whitehorse.
Aurora Borealis viewing
Day 5 – 30 Jan / 8 Feb
At 10am today, we will go on a city tour of Whitehorse. We will tour the Main Street, Train Depot
of the White Pass and Yukon Route, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, Sternwheeler SS Klondike, Fish Ladder, Schwatka Lake and some residential areas.
In the afternoon, we’ll be heading out to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve with a guide and then to the Takhini Hot Springs. Check out this video about an interesting event at the Hot Springs:
In the evening, Aurora viewing will continue as planned.
Aurora Borealis in Whitehorse, Yukon
Day 6 – 31 Jan / 9 Feb
You will get to go on your optional tours today to take in the natural beauty of the Yukon. There are quite a few to choose from: Snowmobile Tour, Ice fishing and Snowshoeing, Life in the Cold Interpretive Tour, The Ultimate Winter Experience, and Dogsledding (last chance to do this!).
In the evening, you will go out on your last night of Aurora viewing as planned.
Snowmobiling – tour the beautiful Yukon on these fabulous machines!
Day 7 – 1 Feb / 10 Feb
The flight back to Calgary will be in the mid-afternoon. There will be another opportunity to do an optional activity in the morning, if you like, or just to take in the sights for the last time and capture your last few shots of the city of Whitehorse or the Yukon River.
You will arrive back in Calgary at about 8pm and then transfer to your airport hotel for the night.
Day 8 – 2 Feb / 11 Feb
Departure for Singapore. Transfer to the airport will be provided by the hotel shuttle bus.
This tour package will have TWO travel dates:
(1) 26 Jan 2017 to 2 Feb 2017 (8 Days/7 Nights) arriving to and departing from Calgary, Canada.
(2) 4 Feb 2017 to 11 Feb 2017 (8 Days/7 Nights) arriving to and departing from Calgary, Canada.
Due to time zone difference, and the length of the flight, your length of time away from Singapore will be an additional 2 days after you depart from Calgary to return to Singapore. Hence. for the first travel date, you will arrive on 4 Feb and for the second, 13 Feb.
The tour will only proceed when there is a minimum of 4 persons who paid in full. The maximum number for this tour is 12 persons.
26 Jan - 2 Feb 2017
Original CAD 2,590/person (group of 4 to 7), now CAD 2,510 per pax
Original CAD 2,480/person (group of 8 to 11), now CAD 2,400 per pax
Original CAD 2,360/person (group of 12), now CAD 2,270 per pax
* Price was discounted on Nov 20 from the date the event was first posted due to the decrease in airfare to Yukon for these travel dates.
4 Feb - 11 Feb 2017
CAD 2,590/person (group of 4 to 7)
CAD 2,480/person (group of 8 to 11)
CAD 2,360/person (group of 12)
Please place a non-refundable deposit of CAD 1,000 to confirm your booking by:
(1) 7 Dec 2016 for travel dates 26 Jan to 2 Feb 2017
(2) 16 Dec 2016 for travel dates 4 Feb to 11 Feb 2017
Deposits are non-refundable because the flights to Yukon and the Aurora Borealis tour in the Yukon will be booked and paid up immediately after the collection of your deposit.
DBS Current A/C:[masked]
- Return airport transfers and all other transfers during the whole tour
- 2 nights hotel with breakfast in Canmore, 4 nights hotel with breakfast in Whitehorse, 1 night hotel in Calgary.
- All sightseeing tours by van in Banff and Lake Louise
- Banff Gondola ride to Sulphur Mountain
- Cave and Basin tour
- Return Air Ticket: 28 Jan Calgary - Whitehorse (Yukon); 1 Feb Whitehorse (Yukon) - Calgary
- Information meeting and City tour in Whitehorse
- Aurora viewing and assistance in Whitehorse
- 3 nights of Aurora watching including hot drinks and snacks
- Tour of Yukon Wildlife Preserve with qualified guide and entry into Takhini Hot Springs
Price does not include:
- travel insurance
- return air tickets from Singapore to Calgary
- eTA fees (Electronic Travel Authorization – a requirement for entry into Canada for Visa-exempt foreign nationals)
- ESTA fees (Delta Air transits into USA – so you need to apply for ESTA to go through USA)
- lunch and dinner on all days of the tour; and the one breakfast on 2 Feb (a.m. departure to Singapore)
- optional tours (eg. dog-sledding and snowmobiling)
- rental of ice skates at Lake Louise
- Hotel stay is in B&B or 2 to 3-star accommodation depending on availability. Hotel Rooms are Twin Sharing or Quad Sharing, or Resort chalet up to 6 people. Beds may be twin-sharing on Queen-size or King-size bed
- Winter travel and tours are often subjected to unpredictable weather conditions. In most cases, the tour will proceed according to the itinerary as far as it is safe and possible to do so. However, in extreme cases, travel and tour activities may have to be delayed or postponed, or even cancelled (if there is no way of rescheduling the activity). Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Please ensure that you have good quality winter wear and boots, and are aware of the concept of layering to keep warm. To learn more, Google or Youtube with subject: winter layering.
Details will be provided to you when you have confirmed your participation in the tour. Otherwise, please contact Daniel Goh (info below) if you have any questions.
Whatsapp Daniel Goh @ [masked] or email [masked]
Please read through the following terms of participation before RSVP:
DISCLAIMER: Your safety and well-being during the trip are your sole responsibility. By RSVP for this event, you have confirmed that you have read, acknowledged, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of participating this trip.