singapore changi airport, Singapore
What better place to learn ice climbing than to do it in the Canadian Rockies! – It’s the ice climbing mecca, and it has the best ice climbing routes in the world!
The best part is… no experience is necessary - just enthusiasm, a sense of adventure, and average hiking fitness.
The 2-day introduction to Ice Climbing course is taught by qualified instructors who have wilderness first aid, years of experience climbing in the mountains, and who have gone through rigorous alpine skills and mountain safety training to obtain their ACMG Alpine Guide Certification.
Come join this tour to the Canadian Rockies that introduces you to the thrilling world of ice climbing – imagine climbing a frozen waterfall amongst the beautiful mountains of Banff National Park, Lake Louise, or Canmore, where literally hundreds of frozen waterfall routes can be found.
And while you’re in the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks, a UNESCO world heritage site,
capture the beauty of a winter wonderland in Lake Louise, ice castle included, and breathe in the gorgeous mountain scenery as you skate on the lake.
Uncover the secret behind the creation of the Rocky Mountain Parks at the Cave and Basin Tour
Ride the Banff Gondola up to Sulphur Mountain to feast your eyes on snow-covered mountains
Tread on snow with snowshoes to experience the immaculate beauty of an alpine forest
And experience the delight of a dogsledding trip in the midst of a snow-covered landscape.
You will also have the luxury of an extra day during the tour to do some shopping, or try out the below activities:
Caving Adventure Tour
Or an Ice Walking Tour – a guided tour through a canyon, walking on the top of a frozen river
This tour package will begin on 17 Feb and end on 24 Feb 2017 (8 days / 7 nights) in Calgary, Canada.
Due to the travel between time zones, and the long hours of flight, your length of time away from Singapore will likely to be 17 Feb to 26 Feb 2017, a total of 10 days. We will advise you of the recommended flight to book in due time.
Day 1: Arrival, transfer to hotel in Canmore, 1.5h away. 6-night hotel stay.
Day 2: Sightseeing: Lake Louise, Banff Gondola, Cave and Basin National Historic Site
Day 3: Start of 2-day Ice Climbing Course
Day 4: Continue Ice Climbing Course
Day 5: Snowshoeing in Kananaskis OR Ice Walk Tour – depending on weather conditions
Day 6: Dogsledding
Day 7: Free day for shopping or optional activity / tour: Caving Adventure Tour / Fatbiking
Afternoon / Evening - Depart for airport hotel.
Day 8: Depart for SIN
* The tour will only proceed when there is a minimum of 4 persons who paid in full. The maximum number for this tour is 12 persons.
Group of 4 to 7 persons - CAD 1,760/person
Group of 8 to 11 persons - CAD 1,720/person
Group of 12 persons - CAD 1,545/person
Please place a non-refundable deposit of CAD 750 by 16 Dec 2016 to confirm your booking.
DBS Current A/C:[masked]
- Return airport transfers and all other transfers during the whole tour
- 6 nights hotel in Canmore and 1 night hotel in Calgary.
- All sightseeing tours by van in Banff and Lake Louise
- Banff Gondola ride to Sulphur Mountain
- Cave and Basin tour
- 2-Day Ice Climbing Course: all equipment as required for the activity will be provided
- Snowshoeing or Ice Walk (whichever is available): snowshoes, snow cleats, and hiking poles provided
Price does not include:
- travel insurance
- return air tickets from Singapore to Calgary
- eTA fees (Electronic Travel Authorization – a requirement for entry into Canada for Visa-exempt foreign nationals)
- ESTA fees (if transit is in USA, you need to apply for ESTA to go through USA)
- any meals on all days of the tour
- optional tours: Caving Adventure tour; Fat Biking tour; or any other tour.
- rental of ice skates at Lake Louise
- rental of boots for ice climbing
- personal clothing and winter wear for the activity
- Accommodation is in 2 to 3-star hotel, or condo, or apartment depending on availability. Condos and Apartment accommodates up to 6 people and may have a kitchen and living room. Beds may be twin-sharing on Queen-size, King-size bed, and Sofa Beds.
- Winter travel and tours are often subjected to unpredictable weather conditions. In most cases, the tour will proceed according to the itinerary as far as it is safe and possible to do so. However, in extreme cases, travel and tour activities may have to be delayed or postponed, or even cancelled (if there is no way of rescheduling the activity). Travel insurance is strongly recommended.
- Please ensure that you have good quality winter wear and boots, and are aware of the concept of layering to keep warm. To learn more, Google or Youtube with subject: layering for winter activity.
To be announced.
Whatsapp Daniel Goh @ [masked] or email [masked]
Please read through the following terms of participation before RSVP:
DISCLAIMER: Your safety and well-being during the trip are your sole responsibility. By RSVP for this event, you have confirmed that you have read, acknowledged, agreed and accepted the terms and conditions of participating this trip.