Can data tell us a story? It can.
A data story could be about business decisions, consumer behaviour and even about tragic accidents that you may have heard of such as the Titanic.
Women (74%) had a higher survival rate than men (20%) during the tragic incident. What’s the data story?
In this workshop, we will attempt to tell a data story with an interactive data visualisation tool, Tableau. Through data visualisation, we will show you how to bridge the gap between analysing the data you have and influencing stakeholders to make actual business decisions.
What’s covered in the workshop?
(1) A brief overview of Tableau’s major capabilities
(2) Data aggregation and visualisation
(3) How to tell a data story
(1) Please bring your own laptop
(2) Install Tableau (trial version) before the workshop: https://www.tableau.com/products/desktop/download
(3) Due to limited seats, please RSVP at https://upcode.link/event7
Shawn is a Business Analytics Executive who worked for Singapore Airlines. In his role, he used Tableau for various data analytics processes to help Singapore Airlines improve their efficiency and services. He graduated from NUS with honours in Applied Mathematics and is proficient in both data analysis and the Python programming language.
P.S. Photographs of attendees will be taken at the workshop. By attending this workshop, you have given consent for your photographs to be taken.