- Single Parent Advocate Family Fun Picnic
Join us for a family fun free day! Can you say,"Quality Time", "Fun", "Play", "Rest", "Swimming", or "Fishing", or "Bounce House", or "Water Balloons", or "Kickball", or..."Watermelon", or.... We will provide food, and also welcome fellow organizations who serve families and can serve as additional resources for couponing, debt consolidation, parent professional support, and social support for children and teens. Families can also bring their own games (Limbo/Big Jenga/Hoola Hoop/Volleyball/Marbles/TugOfWar, etc.) and supplies like blankets, lawn chairs, sunscreen, "Off", extra water, etc. Single Parent Advocate is reaching out, and this event is unique. So jump IN and join us!
- North Texas Giving Day!
Single Parent Advocate is participating in North Texas Giving Day and you can participate by Giving Online, Sharing and asking your circle of friends and family to do the same! Just follow this link to donate, and share this event! https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/index.php?section=organizations&action=newDonation_org&fwID=260 Single Parent Advocate is committed to educating, equipping, and empowering Single Parent Families with resource information, practical assistance, emotional encouragement, and social networking such that those who need help get help - and those who want to help, can.
- Attend SPA's Annual Volunteer Lunch on National Single Parent Day
Frederick P. Herring Rec Center (Formerly Known as The Lewisville Rec Center)
• What we'll do Please make plans to attend our annual meeting this Saturday where we will be thanking volunteers, and also installing our 2018 Board of Directors! You will be able to enjoy a nice lunch and also be able to enroll in our upcoming efforts - many new things as well. Some of our Upcoming Events include: • April - Single Parent Advocate will be giving away Prom Dresses that have been donated • May – Mother’s Day Banquet • June/July - Back to School Drive & College Scholarship Recipient Search • August - Back to School Distribution at Circle R Ranch!!! • September - North Texas Giving Day • October - Thanksgiving Food Drive • November - Christmas Gift Drive and Thanksgiving Distribution • December - Annual Christmas Gala for Families We will need a lot of help to make all this come together, so please join us and make doing good for our community part of your life this year! I can't wait to see you all! Many Blessings, Stacie Poythress • What to bring Paper, pen, calendar, and ideas to serve our single parent families • Important to know There will not be any accommodation for children. If you would like to become a 2018 SPA Volunteer, but you are unable to attend, please email us and we will get you connected.
- Donate Food to Support Area Single Families at Thanksgiving
Recommended Thanksgiving Food for Donation Items Nominated families will receive a Turkey, and food to help them get through the extended holiday with children at home as well as food for a nice Thanksgiving meal together. Below is a recommended list of items to donate for a family of 3 or 4: Holiday Meal List 2 Boxes Stuffing (corn) 2 Boxes of instant potatoes 4 cans of green beans 4 cans of corn 2 cans Cranberry sauce 2 cans sweet potatoes / yams 2 cans pumpkin pie mix 1 or 2 pie crusts (graham cracker crust that won’t spoil) 2 cans brown gravy for turkey Additional Items Peanut Butter, Jelly, Mac N Cheese, Cheerios, pasta/sauce, rice, beans, cereal
- Single Parent Advocate 2017 Back to School Supply Sort "Back Pack Packing Party"
SPA will be supporting 300 nominated children this year at party/distribution events that will be held later in August. Please join us to fill back packs, and get them ready for families currently struggling. We will also be accepting new jackets and shoes (or gift cards for those items) this year, if you would like to participate by donating those items on this day as well. If you are interested in donating school supplies, you can bring them then, or drop them by any area Huffines Auto Dealership. Thank you for all the support you have been in the past. Families who we serve normally fall in a gap and do not qualify for this much needed assistance from other resources. If you can't participate, but have the heart to donate, please follow the link below, and know we will extend your support directly to families in need. http://www.singleparentadvocate.org/index.php/support-single-parents Sincerely, Single Parent Advocate
- Attend "Secrets to Building Wealth" Seminar
Guest Speaker: Kasandra Vitacca Mitchell EPIPHANY Room J109 Click the link below to Register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kingdom-builders-womens-ministry-presents-secrets-to-building-wealth-tickets-35441755244 Kasandra was a passionate and popular contributor to our Mother's Day Banquet this year, and many families wanted to see her and hear her again. She is opening up this event to any families from Single Parent Advocate's community who would like to attend this Saturday. Speaker/Educator - Success, Leadership, Wealth Learn the secrets of wealth building from a financial expert who entered the business of financial services to help hard working citizens break the cycle of financial ignorance* so they can prosper and be the unique blessing as God designed. Seating will be limited at this no-cost seminar so please sign up and commit to a morning of learning and enlightenment. Are you ready for your EPIPHANY? * “The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
- Mother's Day Brunch for Single Mom's & their Families
Please RSVP on our Eventbrite page, as well as on meet up by clicking the link below. We hope you will join us! https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mothers-day-brunch-celebration-honoring-single-mothers-their-children-tickets-33649085320
- Attend Single Parent Advocate Volunteer Recognition and Annual Meeting
SPA’s Annual Meeting and Thank you Lunch for Volunteers and supporters. You will be able to join the team at that time too!Light refreshments will be served thanks to the generosity of Humperdink's as well!! EMAIL US TO RSVP: [masked] Have you ever heard it said that we should BE the Change we Seek? Join us for our Annual Meeting and Volunteerism Luncheon. We will be meeting at Humperdink’s restaurant and recognizing sponsors and volunteers who give to our community. We will also be signing up volunteers for committees and events for 2017. Many families are getting involved in this way and we welcome you to join us as well! We are working on our Mother’s Day Luncheon in May, and also many committees need help in areas such as development, fundraising, family services, marketing, and event coordination. There are many ways to get involved, so, come and grow with us!
- Christmas Volunteer Opportunities
We will be sorting toys for children and parents for our upcoming Christmas distributions supporting nominated single parents and children. Can you help? We have several needs: 1. Toy Pick up and Sorting and transport 2. Bicycle Clean up, Sorting, and transport 3. Logistics and transportation 4. Table Decorations 5. Craft Table Set up This will support two community service event scheduled on December 17 and December 22. We are so appreciative of your participation and support!