➤ 8.5 mi, 1800 ft. gain, 5.5 hours. This is an easy and slow paced 2B hike
with a couple of strenuous slopes. We will start from Eagle
Rock parking lot, hike up to Woodland Trail, walk through
South Rim Trail, and down to the Penitencia Creek Trail.
Have lunch and explore a historical mineral spring trail.
Then, we will hit North Rim Trail, hike a loop of Todd
Quick Trail, and walk up to Eagle Rock (optional), and
back to the parking lot. Heavy Rain Cancels.
Directions: From US-101 exit Julian/McKee Rd East or
From I-680 exit McKee Rd East. Go east on McKee Rd
towards hills, pass N Capitol Av and N White Rd, and turn
L on Toyon Av, and then R on Penitencia Creek Rd to the
main entrance of Alum Rock Park. Go through the kiosk
and go to the 1st parking lot, Eagle Rock Parking lot.
Parking Fee: Free at the Eagle Rock Parking lot.
Carpools: Los Gatos 9:15, Palo Alto 9:00, Milpitas 9:30.
Leader: Mieko Kawabata
GPS: 15184 Penitencia Creek Rd. San Jose,[masked], [masked]
➤ Car Pool Information ( http://www.meetup.com/Singleaires/pages/CARPOOLS/ )
➤ Singleaires Hiking Information ( https://tinyurl.com/Singleaires-about )
SIGN-UP POLICY: Due to recurring issues, we have instituted new policy, which applies to meetup group participants who are not dues-paying Sierra Club AND Sierra Singleaires members:
1. We expect you to show up for hikes if you're signed up. If you're on the attendees list, and do not show up, you will be flagged as a no-show.
2. We expect cancellations to be made by end of day Friday, prior to the hike. Cancelling after midnight Friday without a compelling reason will be counted as a no-show.
3. Three no-shows will constitute grounds for ejection from the meetup group.
4. Reserving places on multiple hikes at the same time will not be tolerated. We do understand that you may sign up for one hike while being on the waiting list for another hike you would prefer. Once you have become an attendee of the second hike, you have 24 hours to take yourself off the attendees list of either hike. Failing to do so will result in the organizers removing your reservation for one of the hikes. Repeated incidents of this behavior will constitute grounds for ejection from the meetup group.
5. Bringing guests to hikes will not be permitted, unless the hike leader has specifically allowed for this, and then you will need to sign up as usual as an attendee with a +1 -- not show up at the hike asking for permission. The best idea if you want someone to come is to get them to join the meetup group and sign up for the hike like everyone else.
6. We expect better behavior from dues-paying Sierra Singleaires members, so don't think that if you're a paid-up member, you can flout the rules. (And yes, if you're not paid up, you're not a member.)
These rules are designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy our hikes. We want hikers to be able to plan their weekends, and not have to wait until the last minute to find out if they got on a hike or not. We do not want people left on the waiting list, unable to attend, when there are actually places available because someone did not show up. Please be respectful of your fellow hikers, on and off the trail.