- Jailbreak Brewery Tour
You must prebook your own tour here: https://jailbreakbrewing.com/event/brewery-tour-4-13/ Brewery Tour – 4/13 April 13 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm | $10 Come tour the brewery and see where the magic happens! Tickets include a guided tour, 4-beer sampler in our taproom, and a pint glass to take home! That’s a $13 value for only $10. Tours will be given at 1 p.m. Only persons 21 or older are permitted to drink on the tour, and open toed shoes are not allowed. Tickets are available to purchase below. Your name will be added to the tour list; please check in at the bar. https://jailbreakbrewing.com/event/brewery-tour-4-13/
- New Zealand North Island - 2 SPACES LEFT
- Singles In The Suburbs Host for the entire trip. - 2 Nights accommodations with breakfast in Auckland. - 4 Nights accommodations with breakfast in Rotorua. - 3 Nights accommodations with breakfast in Wellington. - Tours and admissions for all attractions listed on the itinerary. - Flight from Auckland to Wellington. - Roundtrip transfer from Auckland airport to Auckland hotel. - Roundtrip transfer from Wellington hotel to Wellington airport. - Visit the cities of Auckland, Rotorua, and Wellington. - Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer Tour. - Tour at Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa in Wellington. - City tour of Wellington. - Lunch at Stratosfare in Rotorua. - Maori dinner show in Rotorua. - Lunch at Hobbiton. - Wine tasting at Volcanic Hills tasting room. - All taxes, surcharges, and currency fluctuations. - Tips for all tour guides and bus drivers. - The prices below do not include airfare to and/or from New Zealand. - The price for this trip is $2,699 per person double occupancy, $3,899 single occupancy if paying by check. If paying by credit card, there is a fee of 2.9% + $.30 per payment. - Complimentary roommate matching. If you would like to use our roommate matching service, we will match you up with a roommate as long as you're a complete non-smoker/tobacco user. You must book at least 120 days prior to the trip to take advantage of this. Don't let not having a roommate keep you from going on this amazing trip! - Deposit is a non-refundable $1,000 double occupancy, $2,000 single occupancy. To book, please contact Paul at [masked] or (571)[masked]. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 03/09/18 (Saturday) - Arrival Day (Auckland) You can schedule your flight to arrive anytime today. You will receive a transfer to our hotel with supershuttle New Zealand, a shared shuttle service. Today is a day to adjust to the new time zone so feel free to relax and explore. We will have a meet and greet event that night. NOTE Your hotel room may not be ready for check in until 3:00 PM. If you arrive early and your room is not ready. you can check your luggage. 03/10/19 (Sunday) - Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer Tour (Auckland) The Rangitoto Volcanic Explorer Tour is one of the top rated tours in Auckland. From the downtown pier we'll take a ferry to Rangitoto Island for a guided 4WD road train tour through the 600-year-old volcanic landscape. After being transported to the base of the island's summit, you can take a climb to the top for panoramic views. After our return descent, we'll finish our tour and return back to the ferry port for our ride back to downtown Auckland. NOTE You will need to bring your own lunch as no food is offered for sale on the island. 03/11/19 (Monday) - Waitomo Caves (Rotorua) Our private motorcoach will take us on our three hour journey to the Waitomo Glowworm caves. We'll visit the glittering underground world where we'll see the lights of thousands of illuminating glowworms. There will be a stop for lunch (on your own) at the onsite cafe as well as shopping before we begin our next part of the tour. Up next, the Ruakuri Cave offers a captivating blend of Waitomo's most compelling subterranean experiences. Journey down through the spectacular spiral entrance, and marvel at the softly folding shawl-like limestone formations and crystal tapestries. Hear the distant thunder of the subterranean waterfalls and get up close to the glowworms. We finish the day back on our motorcoach with a two hour journey to our hotel in Rotorua. 03/12/19 (Tuesday) - Skyline Gondola / Stratosfare Restaurant / Volcanic Hills Wine Tasting (Rotorua) Today we visit Skyline Rotorua, an adventure attraction overlooking the city. We'll take a ride on the Skyline Gondola to reach the summit where we'll enjoy a wonderful lunch buffet at the Stratosfare Restaurant. We'll top that off with a wine tasting at the Volcanic Hills tasting room before having some time to enjoy the other activities and shopping before returning downhill on the Skyline Gondola. NOTE We'll be using a clean but older motorcoach for our transportation in Rotorua since it's shorter rides of 10 - 30 minutes between attractions. 03/13/19 (Wednesday) - Free Day / Moari Show / Hangi Meal (Rotorua) Today is a free day to take in all of the amazing adventure activities available in the Rotorua area. At night we'll enjoy a show featuring traditional cultural Maori performances. The displays of weaponry and combat that are shown during the performance will fascinate you. Coupled with the grace and beauty of the poi dance and the spine tingling haka finale, this is an interactive, and unforgettable experience. Then it's time to enjoy a Hangi meal, meat and sides cooked in an earth oven known as ‘the hangi pit’. 03/14/19 (Thursday) - Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland / Rotorua Night Market / Treewalk (Rotorua) Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland is a spectacular showcase of New Zealand’s most colourful and unique geothermal elements sculpted by thousands of years of volcanic activity. Photos can't even begin to show how amazing these colorful hot springs are. On Thursday nights downtown Rotorua closes their streets to vehicle traffic and transforms into the Rotorua Night Market, a feast for the culinary senses with varied ethnic cuisine specialties served from food trucks. Enjoy dinner on your own before we head out to an elevated walk among the redwoods at Treewalk. 03/15/19 (Friday) - Hobbiton / Lunch / Flight to Wellington (Wellington) Our private motorcoach will take us on the one hour journey to Hobbiton to experience their Movie Set Tour. We'll get to visit The Shire, featured in The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, as well as have a drink at The Green Dragon Inn. After our tour we'll have lunch before boarding our motorcoach for the two hour journey to the Auckland Airport for our flight to Wellington. Upon arrival in Wellington we'll take shuttles to our hotel. 03/16/19 (Saturday) - Te Papa Museum Tour / Wellington City Tour (Wellington) We start the day with a guided tour of Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa, commonly referred to as Te Papa We'll take a break so that everyone can enjoy lunch on your own. In the afternoon we'll enjoy a guided city tour where we'll get to know Wellington's waterfront, downtown, courts and parliamentary areas in an easy walk of just over two hours. Our guide will introduce us to the history, sights and culture of this vibrant city. 03/17/19 (Sunday) - Free Day (Wellington) Today is a free day the city of Wellington. 03/18/19 (Monday) - Departure Day Today is our departure day and you're free to schedule your flight to leave any time during the day. Checkout from the hotel is at noon but they'll hold your bags if needed. A transfer to the airport in Wellington will be provided. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTES Depending on the size of our group, some of our activities will be part of a larger tour group. The hotel, activities, and/or their order may change and/or be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event this happens, we will try our best to make similar accommodations or changes. Some parts of this trip requires extensive walking (4 - 5 miles over the course of the day and uphill/downhill climbing).
- Trivia Night at Jimmy's Old Town Trivia
What is JOTTeopardy? JOTTeopardy is like Jeopardy on alcohol, like an academic drinkathlon. 7:00-9:00 P.M. = Contestant Qualifying Time - 3 Sheet Quizzes 3 quizzes passed out to the entire bar. Players can play individually or in a team. Each person or team completes the quiz, someone is chosen to represent, their name is signed on the quiz then submitted to be graded. The 3 chosen ones who score highest on the 3 quizzes become contestants in the live game of JOTTeopardy starting at 9:00. 9:00-10:00 P.M. = JOTTeopardy Live Game Show w/ host Jimmy. Contestants choose a point valued Answer, from 10 to 50 points, from 5 different categories on the giant game board display, Jimmy reads the Answer and is looking for the Question. Questions get harder as the points get higher. Rules: 1)After BUZZING in, contestants have 7 seconds to answer the Question, during that 7 seconds anyone from the bar can shout out the answer to them. 2) Contestants must answer in the form of a Question, Who is?, What is?, etc. Virgin contestants get one mulligan on this rule. 3) Contestants DO NOT lose points for wrong answers. 4) All contestants get one free drink after everyone has scored. 5) Final JOTTEopardy - Contestants are given the final answer category then wager based on their total score. Then they are given the Question and have 90 seconds to write their Answer on another card. Contestants are on their own on this one, no help from the peanut gallery and no peeking. Don't forget to "Answer in the form of a question!". 1st prize = $25, 2nd prize = $10, 3rd prize = $5. Score in the top 3 in the 12 week cycle to be in Championship JOTTeopardy and a chance to win $175 and a framed Certificate of Trivial Intelligence. 10:00 P.M. = DJ Dancing w/ DJ EQ http://jimmystavern.com It's always a good time - come out and help us qualify someone from the meetup group especially a September Birthday meet-up member to be a contestant.
- 7 Night Munich, Nuremberg, and Salzburg Oktoberfest
- Host for the entire trip. - 7 Nights accommodations with daily breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express Munich City West (https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/munich/mucwt/hoteldetail). - Visit the cities of Munich, Nuremberg, Salzburg, and Neuschwanstein Castle. - Weekly transport card for Munich to explore the city in your free time. - Roundtrip airport transfer on Munich Metro (included only on specified arrival and departure days). - Tours and admissions for all attractions listed on the itinerary. - Nuremberg sausage and potato salad lunch at Bratwurst Roslein (https://www.bratwurst-roeslein.de/de/). - Lunch entree with two drinks in an Oktoberfest tent on Thereisienwiese. - All taxes, fees, surcharges, and porterage charges. - Tips for all tour guides and bus drivers. - The prices below do not include airfare to and/or from Munich. - The price for this trip is $2,199 per person double occupancy, $3,499 single occupancy if paying by check. If paying by credit card, the fee of $65 for double occupancy, $105 for single occupancy. If you would like to use our roommate matching service, we will match you up with a roommate as long as you're a complete non-smoker/tobacco user. You must book at least 120 days prior to the trip to take advantage of this. Don't let not having a roommate keep you from going on this amazing trip! - Deposit is a non-refundable $900 double occupancy, $1,800 single occupancy. To book, please contact Paul at [masked] or (571)[masked]. 09/22/18 (Saturday) - Arrival Day & Welcome Get Together Most flights to Munich are overnight so ensure you're scheduled to arrive any time today. You will be met at the airport and taken to the group hotel on the Munich Metro. Meetups at the airport will occur every 3 hours throughout the day. Spend the day relaxing at the hotel and/or exploring the city. Today is a chance to get caught up on sleep and adjusting to the time zone. We'll meet up later that night for a welcome get together. 09/23/18 (Sunday) - Munich City Tour With our local guide we'll begin our Munich city tour on Marienplatz (Mary’s Square), located in the center of the city and home to the most famous Glockenspiel in the world. We then head through the medieval heart of Munich admiring the simple beauty of the Frauenkirche whose twin towers dominate the city's skyline before hearing tales of the Bavarian royal family, the turbulent 20th century and the early days of the Nazi Party. Of course no visit would be complete without discussing why beer matters so much to Bavarians and why it tastes so good - there's even time to see the world's most famous beer hall. You'll discover a vibrant, historic city center that combines modernity and proud traditions with one of the highest qualities of life in Europe. 09/24/18 (Monday) - Nuremberg We'll take an hour long train ride to Nuremberg where we'll have a city tour with our local guide. Highlights in the Old Town include the city walls, Craftsmen's Court, St Lawrence Church, Marketplace with the Beautiful Fountain and Wishing Ring, Old Town Hall, Albrecht-Dürer-Platz and the Imperial Castle Courtyards. We'll enjoy an afternoon lunch at Bratwurst Roslein (https://www.bratwurst-roeslein.de/de/) followed by a tour of the historic rock-cut cellars (https://www.historische-felsengaenge.de/en/) with some free time to explore afterwards. After our day in Nuremberg is over we'll take the hour long train ride back to Munich 09/25/18 (Tuesday) - Oktoberfest Tents Today we'll visit Thereisienwiese, home to the world's most famous Oktoberfest celebration. Please note that we'll try in advance to secure tickets to one of the beer tents but it can be extremely difficult to do so. We should know by June 2018 on the tickets. If we aren't able to secure a reservation in advance then we'll show up early to one of the tents. Our chances are great on a Tuesday to be able to enter one of the tents although we might have to split into smaller groups to do so. Your lunch entree as well as two drinks will be included. 09/26/18 (Wednesday) - FREE DAY Today is a free day to explore on your own or with your new friends that you've made. Head back to the Thereisienwiese to check out another beer tent, explore other areas of Munich, or even head out of town to explore another city in Germany. The choice is entirely yours. 09/27/18 (Thursday) - Salzburg We'll take in the picturesque countryside on our two hour train journey to visit the city of Salzburg, Austria. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the city is the birthplace of Mozart as well as the setting of The Sound of Music. On our full day excursion we'll enjoy a 2 hour walking tour of the old town center with a local guide. We'll take a stroll along the picturesque Salzach River, marvel at the beauty of the Mirabell Palace Gardens, and take in all of the other sites that make Salzburg such an amazing place to visit. We'll have some time in the afternoon to explore the city on your own before we take a two hour train journey back to Munich. 09/28/18 (Friday) - Neuschwanstein Castle Probably one of the most famous castles in the world and Walt Disney's inspiration for Cinderella Castle, Neuschwanstein Castle will be our destination today. Approximately a two hour train ride from Munich lies the city of Fussen where we'll take a short bus ride after we arrive to the base of the trail leading up to the castle. You need to be in shape to do the climb up but we'll see about getting a ride on the horse drawn carriages up to almost the top of the peak. There's still about a 10 minute climb at this point. We'll have a brief guided tour inside Neuschwanstein Castle and then some free time to explore the rest of the area directly surrounding it. Going home we'll do our trip in reverse with a quick bus ride to the train station in Fussen and then the two hour ride through the countryside back to Munich. 09/29/18 (Saturday) - Departure Day Today is our departure day and you're free to schedule your flight to leave any time during the day. Checkout from the hotel is at noon but they'll hold your bags if needed. You'll be provided with a train ticket on the Munich Metro to get back to the airport along with directions to do so. NOTES Depending on the size of our group, some of our activities will be part of a larger tour group. The hotel, activities, and/or their order may change and/or be cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control. In the event this happens, we will try our best to make similar accommodations or changes. Some parts of this trip requires extensive walking (4 - 5 miles over the course of the day and uphill/downhill climbing) as well as heavy use of local metro, bus, and rail transportation.
- Assateague National Park Beach Camping - Group site
Welcome to Assateague Beach Glamping! June 10th – June 12th, 2018 (Sunday thru Tuesday) Group Site has been reserved! (yay!) The cost is $35 PER PERSON (non-refundable) and is REQUIRED to reserve your spot. PLEASE DO NOT RSVP yes without paying or it will be change without warning! **If you are paid and change your mind, it is your responsibility to find someone to replace you and get your money back. Payments may be made thru Paypal [masked] - No cost to send money if you use the "Send Money to Friends and Family" tab. thanks! o Check-in starts at 12pm. Check-out is at 11am. There is a vehicle fee per car that is payable at the main gate when you arrive. Carpool is encouraged o Campers MUST check-in and register your car at the Ranger Station upon arrival. There is a limit of 10 vehicles permitted in the group site lot; however, if there are no spaces available, additional parking is available at the Ranger Station. All campers are REQUIRED to possess a valid entrance pass and to display a campground parking permit at all times. o Quiet hours are from 10pm to 6am. o These are tent-only, nonelectric, walk-in campsites. . Each site has picnic tables and an outdoor grill. If you have a portable grill, bring it! It is better to have extra grill than waiting for your turn. Unfortunately, generators are not allowed. o There is a bath house with shower facilities and (very clean) portable toilets. Basic list: shampoo, soap, towel, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, etc... o Assateague has designated nature trails, bike lanes and areas available for kayaking/canoeing. Bring your gear! o If you are planning to bring an air mattress bed, don't forget the air pumps. o Friendly dogs are WELCOME and must be on leash at all times! o Open fires are allowed on the beach at night. Woods must be purchase around the area. o Insects are usually not a problem in early June, but this is Assateague, so don’t take chances. Bring insect repellent with Deet. o These are sandy campsites. Bring long tent stakes (extras are nice to have) and stakes hammer. o If you have a portable radio, bring it! o This is a National Park so alcohol is legal. BYOB! Keep food in containers and must store in a latchable hand-sided cooler; wild ponies roam freely on the island and at night. o Bring warm, layered clothing for evenings - it gets cold. Basic lists: sunblock/sunscreen, tent, tarp, screen house, canopy, lounge folding chairs, sleeping bags, flashlight, head lights, lantern, matches, trash bags, paper towels, travel games/game cards, extra batteries, cooler. Please feel free to call or email me (before the event since cell phone service is no bueno!) if you need guidance on what to bring or if you need gear or have extra gear that you can share. The following websites may help if you'd like more information: www.assateagueisland.com (http://www.assateagueisland.com/) www.recreation.gov (http://www.recreation.gov/) www.nps.gov (http://www.nps.gov/) See you all there! Pebbles