addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

$insational Jazz, Blues, MORE! Message Board › Let's MEET UP at Cool River for New Years Eve !

Let's MEET UP at Cool River for New Years Eve !

A former member
Hello Denver Jazz, Blues & More Friends,

I wanted to tell you a little about our feature event this month .... and I do want to encourage you to come on out and join us! But first, I wanted to give you an update on the group iteself.

I took over as organizer of this group about 3 months ago. The idea was to promote live music events and help people who love live music to meet eachother and meet the musicians that love to play. It has been a success, the group is growing and a number of folks have seem some great shows .... and in 2012, we are going to make a few changes to make it even better!

1) We will reduce the number of events posted to 1 or 2 each month. We hope to get more people to each even that way.

2) We'll try to organize each event as an actual 'Meet Up' with a greeter and a table dedicated to the 'Meet Up' group. (We need volunteers to be greeters ... because we are often on stage).

OK, Here is the pitch for New Years ..... lets try to make it an actual 'Meet-Up' with people meeting people and enjoying the New Year. If you are NEW TO THE GROUP or if you are SINGLE (and still wondering what you are doing for New Years). This is the perfect event for you. Here is why:

1) No Cover ... come at 10 PM and stay for the New Year .... or come in early and leave whenever!

2) Great Music and Great Fun in a very classy atmosphere .... Cool River is the BOM ... If you have not seen it since the remodel, it is a step beyond. Don't let the tasty surroundings fool you, these are good people with a down to earth attitude.

3) Who knows .... this is a great chance to meet some new friends and feel comfortable at the same time. No pressure here .... just good music ... maybe a little dancing .... Why not meet someone new for the New Year?

OK, Here are the details:

Ring in the New Year with FLAT OUT Jazz!

Celebrate the New Year with style and class at:

COOL RIVER Cafe ... South Denver

I 25 @ Belleview, 8:30 - 12:30 PM, NO COVER,

You can enjoy a fantastic steak or southwestern dinner in one of the
dining rooms ... and then join us in the bar for the New Years celebration!

Or .....
You can simply come and join us in the bar area for coctails, great food dancing and great music.

We will play soft dinner music from 8:30 until about 10 PM. After that, we ramp it up to ring in the new year with style! Cool River provides the party atmosphere and we put a FLAT OUT Jazz twist on Auld Lang's Syne". Plenty of dancing and fun ... ALL AT NO COVER !

-> If you contact Cool River to make a reservation, you can let them know you want to sit with the band and they will set you up!

-> If you want to sit with 'The Denver Jazz, Blues and More' meet-up group, then RSVP at the Denver Jazz., Blues & More's web site.

We'll see you there !
Casey B.
FLAT OUT Jazz
ww­w.flatoutjazz.com

A former member
Post #: 1
This sounds like great fun. I have been to Cool River before and it's a great place, good food and with some jazz the atmosphere will be swingin.

My husband and I are also looking for some new places where he can jam with other musicians. He has been playing electric guitar for 35 years and has played with some groups back in Oregan. He is very good and committed to his art.

Anybody have any ideas, just email me!

Thanks
See you New Years Eve!

Rhonda Russell