Dear Chicago Sitecore Users:
Sitecore Symposium 2014 is in the books! If you weren’t able to attend this awesome event, we’ve got you covered. On Tuesday, October 14th (6:30-9:15 pm), our speakers will share the key takeaways and biggest announcements from STRATEGY and TECHNOLOGY perspectives.
6:30 - 7:00: Arrival (Drinks and snacks will be provided)
7:00 - 8:00: Trevor Campbell (Technical Solution Architect at Verndale, Sitecore Technology MVP)
Trevor will be covering the following:
• Sitecore version 7.5 and 8.0 - what's new and what's changed
• 7.5 - new xDB and xFile
• Sitecore version 8 - Updated interface, experience explorer, the Federation Experience Manager (FxM) and Skynet
• Coveos’ announcement made at Symposium offering a free version of their search product
8:00 - 8:15: Break/Intermission
8:15 - 9:15: Jill Grozalsky (Strategy Lead at Verndale)
Jill will cover new Sitecore updates from a strategic perspective and some key lessons learned including:
• Benefits of the new xFile – what new data is being pulled in; how it helps with the broader 360 degree view of the customer; how it interacts with offsite channels
• How the new xFile also brings up this theme of interacting with users as humans, not just IP addresses, etc.
• Personalization – how these new xFiles will help companies achieve more strategic personalization even when resources/time/budgets are limited
• Updated analytics in Sitecore 8 – the shift towards an all-encompassing analytics platform – how the new version of sitecore is a happy marriage between GA and Engagement Analytics and how to best leverage this data.