addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Skeptics of Tucson Message Board › About the meeting on the 5th of July, 2010

About the meeting on the 5th of July, 2010

Don L.
AZAtheist
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 206
We had 15 people attending and 6 were new to the organization. Obviously, a few members missed out. Too bad. It was a great meeting. Not everything went as planned but it was fun. I discussed in detail a book that Marshall Home had provided me. The book was Power vs Force by Sir David R Hawkins, M.D., Ph. D.
In preparation of the meeting, I read the book and noted a few of the more extraordinary claims. The centerpiece of the meeting was to be a double blind test using items that were guaranteed to "weaken" and "strengthen" a person holding these items. Before we could move into the double blind portion, we needed to establish a baseline response. Well...I couldn't get Ingrid to respond to the sugar (strengthen) or the artificial sweetener (weaken). I tried the pictures of Hitler and Lincoln with the same result...no difference in response. No muscle strengthening or weakening. At this point, I had to give up on Ingrid. Then I asked Ingrid to do the testing on Courtney. Guess what! Same exact results. Apparently Applied Kinesiology doesn't work on Skeptics. I should have known.

We recovered with a recorded double blind test from YouTube (Link)

Here is our attempt to get a baseline prior to our own double blind test: (Link)

See you at the next meeting on the 4th of August.