It's time for Sketchnote practice...what better way to kick off the new year? If you come to this meetup, you'll have perfect attendance for 2014, woo hoo!
At this meetup we'll practice lettering and images in a series of Rapid Rounds, then jump into sketchnoting a TED talk. After that we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
All skill levels welcome; come to the meetup to take your sketchnoting skills to the next level.
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & setup [6:30-6:45ish]
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on lettering, pictures and concepts)
• Quick critique of work
• Practice session, sketchnote a TED talk (either a long TED talk or 2 short ones, ~15 min + 5 min to finish up)
• Gallery of sketchnotes & open critique (15-20 min)
• Maybe a second session if there's time.
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: What to bring ::
Please bring your own materials for sketchnoting: paper or journal (moleskine is great) and pens.
Snacks to keep your blood sugar up. This is a foodless meetup.
It's going to be fun. If you have questions or ideas to share, post 'em here on the meetup site.