We're back! After a summer break, the evening session for sketchnoting is kicking off Fall with the October session.
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice.
At this meetup we'll do a quick intro to visual note-taking, then practice elements of visual vocabulary like lettering and concept images in a series of Rapid Rounds. After that we'll jump into sketchnoting a TED talk. And then close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a great way to get started. And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & setup [6:30-6:45ish]
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on lettering, pictures and concepts)
• Quick critique of work
• Long session, sketchnote a TED talk (~15 min + 5 min to finish up)
• Gallery of sketchnotes & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
We haz pizza! Feel free to bring a couple bucks to chip in to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!