It's April, and it's time to practice faces & people!
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice.
By popular request, at this session we'll practice sketching people and faces. We'll do a few rapid rounds to get warmed up, and then jump into some collaborative sketching (from video clips, photos and portraits.) We'll close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a good way to get familiar drawing simple pictures of people. (note: they probably won't look exactly like the person you're depicting, and that's totally ok.) And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & pizza [6:30-6:45ish]
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on tooth people, star people, faces & scenes)
• Quick critique of work
• Collaborative sketching from pictures, video clips and each other.
• Gallery of sketch work & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
We haz pizza! Your $5 registration helps to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!