We have a late-breaking date for our evening session...next week!
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice.
At this session, we'll practice "talking with a pen" and "listening with a pen." This means using sketchnoting skillz to communicate in 1:1 conversations or small-group whiteboarding sessions.
We'll do a few rapid rounds to get warmed up, and then jump into some pair sketching (come ready with a story or something quick you'd like to teach someone!) We'll close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a good way to get comfortable sketching from conversation in real time. And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & pizza [6:30-6:45ish]
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on lettering, things, people, ideas)
• 2 rounds of pair sketching: talk + sketch, then listen+sketch
• Gallery of sketch work & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
We haz pizza! Your $5 registration helps to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!