Escape the heat of July with some cool back-to-basics Sketchnoting!
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice.
At this meetup we'll do a quick intro to visual note-taking, then practice elements of visual vocabulary like lettering and concept images in a series of Rapid Rounds. After that we'll jump into sketchnoting a TED talk. And then close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we'll share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a great way to get started. And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & pizza [6:30-6:45ish] - Quick sketchnotes overview while eating
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min practice sessions on lettering, pictures and concepts)
• Quick critique of work
• Long session, sketchnote a TED talk (~15 min + 5 min to finish up)
• Gallery of sketchnotes & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
We haz pizza! Your $5 registration helps to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!