mmmmm. The crisp taste of Fall...perfect for Sketchnoting!
This evening event is structured time for learning, exploring and improving our sketchnote practice.
Our focus this session will be on structure...specifically on using post-noting time to connect and structure your notes after the initial capture.
We'll get started with a set of provided templates to practice "post-noting" work: adding frames, connectors, icons and color. Then we'll jump into a critique to share techniques and tips.
If there is time, we'll do a quick notetaking activity so we can practice putting our skills in action.
We close the evening with a collaborative gallery where we share our work and offer constructive critique.
If you're new to sketchnoting, this is a great way to get started. And if you're an expert, it's a fun time to practice and share with others. All skill levels welcome!
:: Here's the plan ::
• Welcome, get to know each other & pizza [6:30-6:45ish] - Quick topical overview while eating
• Warm-up/rapid rounds (quick 2-5 min learning sessions)
• Quick critique of work
• Longer learning session with post-noting techniques
• Gallery of work created & open critique (15-20 min)
• Wrap-up, feedback & what to do next time
:: Note about food/drinks
We haz pizza! Your $5 registration helps to offset the cost. Hope to see y'all there!